Background

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tuesday Coffee Chat: Holiday Traditions

Linking up with Les over at Time Out For Mom for this week's coffee chat! It's been a while and I can't wait!!


This chat is about favorite holiday traditions.  Interestingly enough, Brad and I don't really have any traditions.  We haven't started any yet.  I mean sure, we do the decorating together and some of the baking and cooking, but we don't really have that one something to look forward to.  We just try to do as much as we can together.  We have been talking about starting a new tradition or traditions for our little family of two... so how about this? If some of my readers would share some of their fun traditions with me, maybe that will help give us some ideas we can incorporate into our own traditions! Can't wait to hear what you have to say!

8 comments:

  1. When I got married, I assumed that I would bring some traditions from my life, hubby would bring some from is own....and that we'd make completely new ones together. But hubby didn't really have any, so it is all me! Much of it is stuff with our kids, but I'll share a few anyway:

    - you know the tree thing
    - drive around and look at the Christmas lights and/or the displays in the windows
    - we go to our town's Santa Claus parade
    - we also visit the Ottawa Canal for skating
    - drink too much Bailey's in our morning coffee over the holidays :)
    - before we had 3 children taking up our time, hubby and I used to do a fondue meal one night of the holidays: it's a slooooowwww meal, so you can talk and sip wine. really nice!
    Hope you find something special, and thanks for chatting today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I like the fondue idea! That might even be one of our date night sticks!! :) Thank you for sharing!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for visiting me earlier today! I don't really have any Christmas traditions, either. My kids are older and spend the holidays mostly with their bio dad, so I work around the holidays, and when the actual holidays are over and things slow down, we exchange our gifts and stuff. That's probably why our Christmas tree stays up way past when everyone else takes theirs down! And as for the tree, I can barely gather us all around to decorate it anymore.

    Since I'll be an empty-nester over the actual holiday, I think I'll spend it getting caught up on all my tv viewing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love getting caught up on my TV viewing!

      Delete
  3. It takes time to create traditions and many times they just happen organically and over time. We never really set out to create a tradition they just kind of happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what has always happened in my family, they just sort of happened or they were just always the norm.

      Delete
  4. Marc and I dont have holiday traditions either.. I think it is time we change that...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...