Background

Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday Quiz About Me

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things here so I'm banging out two hops in one night! Here is the first!

Acting Balanced


1. When was the last time you had your picture taken with Santa?

It has been so long I can't even remember.  My dad was a NYC Fireman and I remember we would always go to his firehouse at Christmas and there would be a Santa and we could climb on the fire trucks and Santa would always have a present for us! It was so much fun.  That's probably the last time I had my picture taken with Santa.

2. Which do you prefer - ham or turkey?

Turkey!! Because I love gravy.


3. Do you give more to charity in December?

I tend to give to charity all year long.  There is no particular time of year that makes me feel more giving than others.  I give a little bit every month.

4. Which US City would you most like to visit and why?

This is tough, there are so many places I want to see and two of them are on my immediate radar.  I really want to go to San Francisco and I will be going there for a work conference next year.  Can't wait!! And I want to spend some time in Washington, D.C. as well.  I've driven by, I've driven through, but I have never stopped and looked at anything.  Since my sister lives in the D.C. 'burbs of Virginia, I'll be heading there for sure as well!

My question for you...
5. Do you have any particular item you love to bake for the holidays?

I love to make cookies.  I don't know what ones I will be making this year, but I am on the prowl! I saw these Melting Snowmen Cookies at Annie's Home and I am dying to give them a whirl!

16 comments:

  1. I am the cookie queen. I love to make cookies, in fact this year I am going to give a bunch of them as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! I did that a few years ago when I had my act together. I made a bunch of doughs in advance and baked away the days before Christmas and gave them as gifts!

      Delete
  2. I like to make sugar cookies. I would love to decorate them like the bakeries do but I run out of steam and slap some frosting on. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would also love to decorate cookies all fancy like the pros. When I started following the blog Sweet Adventures of Sugarbell I ran out and bought cutters and bottles to make all sorts of things and haven't used them yet... totally get you on the running out of steam...

      Delete
  3. Trivia Games are online games played when one need entertainment, you can find lot of websites having this game. Its fun to play.
    Check out our site Online Trivia Games

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Really? Brad isn't a fan either but I can't live without it!

      Delete
  5. I bake a particular cookie, a Christmas tree, that the recipe comes from the old, hand crank Mirro cookie presses. My son loves these so I make them for him every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking about making some Christmas tree cookies for the cookie exchange at work this year!

      Delete
  6. i like to make the standard sugar cookies, and also cheesecake christmas trees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh cheesecake Christmas trees sound wonderful!

      Delete
  7. I think I am going to try to make Apple Pie this Christmas. We will see. Thanks for hooking up with the MQAM. See you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For YEARS I baked pumpkin bread for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Now I've passed that "baton" on to my daughter.

    This year I tried my hand at cranberry bread - - - it was yummy and I'll probably make it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds yummy! I love a good non-traditional bread!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...