Background

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Celebrate!

I spent this past weekend in New York at my sister's baby shower.  It was nice to be with my sisters, even if the four of us were only together for a short time.

My mom, dad, and I drove to my sister Tracy's house in Virginia on Thursday.  We got to watch my nephew Ben's baseball game which was super fun, aside from the bitter cold! Chilling out with my niece Madeline was pretty fun too.  It's been a while.  I gave her a french manicure so her nails would match mine for the shower.

Photo: My riding mate. 

My mom, sister, niece, and I drove to New York on Friday to meet up with my other two sisters who live up there.  My oldest sister Christine bought an apartment in Hoboken and I got to drive by Carlo's Bake Shop! Didn't go in though because it was very crowded and we were pressed for time.

Photo: Cake Boss baby!

We had dinner Friday evening at a yummy Mexican restaurant in Long Island City with my sister Kerry, her husband Nick, and her friend Cindy.  It was a nice evening.

The shower was Saturday and it was fun.  I made the favors and they were a hit! I found the idea on Pinterest and adapted it in my own way.  I love the way they turned out and I'd be lying if I said I did it all by myself, Brad helped!!



It was nice seeing my Aunt Barbara and my Aunt Ellen, and some of my sisters friends I have known for a very long time.  It was also nice being back in New York, even if it was for only a nano second... we left to return to Virginia Saturday evening.

Quite a whirlwind trip, but worth it! I can't wait to meet my new niece or nephew in December! I am voting the baby is born on December 11, mine and my sister's birthday!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I am so glad you arrived and got home safely I must say You & Brad did a cute job on those favors :) Family time is the best!! ~Janice~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! It was a great trip!

      Delete
  2. Wow, sounds like a great time and those favors look very,very nice!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...