Background

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Where are all the slow cooker recipes for people who are out of the house all day???

I sit here frustrated!

I have ONE slow cooker recipe, self-created, that will not dry up by the time I get home from work.

See, on most days we are away from the house for ten and a half hours.  That's factoring in our commute both ways and the work day itself.

Almost all the slow cooker recipes I find cook for a maximum of 8 hours.  For anyone who works an 8-5 or 9-5 job outside of the home, that just doesn't fly unless they are only minutes away from home.

Does anyone have a slow cooker recipe that can handle 10 hours of cook time on low? Anyone? Any recipes that can be modified to allow for this? 


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I made the most amazing potato soup in the slow cooker yesterday! 9 hours was the max time, I left it for 9.5... could have used another cup of water to be safe, but still turned out delicious!!!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...