Background

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Chocolate Chip Orange Cookies


I made these very yummy cookies a few weeks ago.  They were a variation of a recipe I found on Pinterest (recipe here).  You see, as I was making the Pinterest recipe, Brad said: "cookies aren't cookies without chocolate chips."  Ok wise guy.  I threw half a bag of chocolate chips into the dough and carried on.  They turned out amazing.  What a combination the orange and chocolate chips were!

I've been on a bit of a kick lately.  I barely have time to shower, but I can find time to make cookies when I need cookies.  This was the first of the "must have cookies" nights.  I had a couple of oranges and knew that if I looked I'd be able to find a cookie recipes that used oranges.  And I did.

So I used the recipe in the link above as a base, then I added half a bag of chocolate chips.  The other variation was that I did not put the icing on the cookies.  I ran out of steam... 

2 comments:

  1. Orange and chocolate is a classic combination that is a yes or no thing with me; I think some thinks in those flavors together are fabulous, but I taste others and go "ick" I will admit those cookies look fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! There are some combinations that are good in certain ways and others that are absolutely not! Like orange and chocolate cookies - yummy! Orange sherbet with chocolate syrup - yucky! :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...