Background

Monday, September 10, 2012

One day at a time...

It is a new week and I am feeling slightly more at ease.  I still have a ton of things on my plate and new ideas keep popping in my mind, so I certainly not at rest.

I do feel a little bit better as the anticipation of my new school year has finally passed and I am now in it and it is off to a decent start.  I feel like I have a great method of keeping organized this time around (as I do at the beginning of every semester).  My research class is going to be hard and a lot of work.  My writing class is going to have a lot of reading.  I'm going to be swamped, but as with everything, one day at a time is all I can do.

I'm so far behind in my reading.  Not just for school, but socially as well.  I have not kept up to date on my favorite hops and I miss reading about my blog friends' lives.  I am going to attempt to catch up over the next week or so and hopefully I will manage.  To be honest, I have not read a blog post in a while and I feel horrible for that.  At least I can say that I have not even been making my own posts so it is not as if I am expecting anyone to read mine when I cannot return the favor, with the exception of my dinner post from last week of course.  :)

September is going to be a very busy month for me at work.  I have so many meetings, so many things on the agenda.  Not to mention my trip to St. Louis for a conference at the end of the month.  It is all happening this month.  We can go months without anything on the schedule and then it all comes crashing down at once.  It is all good things though, so at least I have that.

I have completely fallen off the weight loss wagon.  I did lose one pound last week after doing NOTHING but occasionally watch what I eat.  I feel like such a slacker, but I know it is because I am bored with my workout and also because I was overwhelmed with the impending school stuff.  So it was absolutely not a total loss, just a semi-loss in the sense that I need to get my motivation back.  I know that changing my routine around will help with that though.  I need to find a new normal there and I'll be good to go for another month.

My one month stats (5 weeks worth since I started a week before August began) were 8 lbs down and 7 inches lost! Pretty darn good! The inches were mostly in my extremities so I need to focus a little more around my core.  I am thinking about increasing my cardio workout but I have not completely worked it all out.  One day at a time...

So I am going to try to get back on track this week, catch up on my reading, and hopefully be a consistent presence here in blog land.  I'm not sure I'll be ready to participate in any hops, but I'll sure try! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. I feel the same way. I get back on Google Reader, and there are like 150 posts to read! Little by little - everyone needs a break every now and again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, don't you just hate when life gets in the way of blogging LOL. It sounds like you are busy in a good way and that is a good thing, enjoy. I wish you luck with your weight loss :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I miss my blog!! I miss my friends!!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...