Background

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Shred Update

I am proud to say that I have been faithful to the 30 Day Shred.  I'll admit there were times (in the whole 3 days I've done it so far) when I haven't wanted to do it, but I stuck with it.

Day one was difficult.  I had forgotten how tough it was.  I just remembered "fun" and "20 minutes".  Yeah... it's fun if you like pain and it's 20 minutes if you aren't dying 3 minutes into it, then it seems like forever.

What was worse than day one itself was the after-burn from day one.  Stepping down a step and sitting was painful because apparently I have muscles in my legs I wasn't aware of.

The after-burn made day two a little difficult but the good thing is all the sore spots just go numb so you can't feel anything.

Day three hurt but it hurt less. 

The good news is, it's day four and I have very little after-burn.  I haven't done my workout today yet, so maybe I'll be taking this back later on, but I haven't been having the sitting/stepping problems I was yesterday and the day before.  Things are looking up!

You'd think finding the time to do a 20 minute workout would be a piece of cake.  It's not.  Until I start to love exercising again, there is no "good" time to do it.  But, the fact that it is only 20 minutes is enough motivation to get me to do it. 

I've been pretty busy in the evenings since I've been dieting and actually preparing meals from scratch (rather an calling in an order or opening a box/bag).  Not to mention the Olympics! So by the time I realize I haven't exercised yet, it's late and I whine that I don't want to do it.  Then I remind myself of the whole 20 minute thing and am forced to get over it.  20 minutes is less than the episode of Friends I will surely watch when I get in bed, so no excuses. 

The diet has been going well.  I've been staying within my limits and staying full.  Which is good because I hate being hungry.  I did have a piece of cake today at work for a co-worker's birthday, but it was tiny which is very out of character for me, but it was good!

So things are going well and I'm feeling good which is great.  I'm glad I'm feeling positive.  It would really stink to be three days in and hating it because that is no motivation!

12 comments:

  1. Go you!!

    Must look into this 30 Day shred thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're sticking with it! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are inspiring me girl! Way to go! Just remember to be kind to yourself :) And yes, eat cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We watched a movie last night and they were eating cake in the movie and I was dying!!! :)

      Delete
  4. You go girl! Good luck with the diet and exercise program, may you totally achieve your desired goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job, way to take it one day at a time, and tell yourself, only 20 minutes, only 20 minutes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I chant as I'm putting my sneakers on every day! :)

      Delete
  6. Jennifer, I have some catching up to do! Been reading, but not replying on blogs this week because of some hand muscle issues. I’m catching up with comments a few blogs at a time!

    I’m with you on loving the theme restaurants ad Rainforest Café is one of my favorites! I love the décor and the food there is phenomenal! Would you believe don’t have a Rainforest Cafe coffee mug? I’ve been to a few of them, but never got a mug. David and I mark May 2 every year two as out Dativersary. :)

    Boy you’re doing a lot of fitness stuff! I’m getting tired exercising my brain reading about it. LOL

    Re: Monday; We always have Apples and Bananas in the house for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very surprised you don't have a Rainforest Cafe mug! :) I hope you're doing better this week!!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...