Background

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Shot Tales: Planet Hollywood

I've always been intrigued by the look of Planet Hollywood restaurants. The one I visited in Myrtle Beach had a neat staircase going in that was sort of like a tunnel.  You can see it in the link above actually.



Brad and I went to Planet Hollywood with a couple friends of mine, JR and BP.  JR and BP have been out to eat with me before so they reminded me to pick up my shot glass on the way out.  I had a salad and the presentation was really neat! The plate/bowl came, you know one of those very shallow bowls that looks like it doesn't know if it wants to be a plate or a bowl? And on it was a clear cylinder filled with layers of my salad.  The object of the game is to pull the cylinder off the plate, and your salad collapses perfectly tossed onto your plate.  It might sound lame but it was rather entertaining!

I didn't get a picture of the cool planet shaped building because the weather was not cooperating.  It decided it wanted to pour and then hail on us.  In May no less.  I'm not sure I will ever fully accept the phenomena that is hail in the HOT South Carolina months.  It was like 80-90 degrees that day for crying out loud!

Later on we went to a mall and walked around the shops at Broadway at the Beach.  Aside from the heat, rain, hail, and ridiculous humidity that followed, we had a great day!

If you want more Shot Tales, check them out here!

4 comments:

  1. The salad sounds interesting. You could have quite a fun shot glass party!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had taken a picture, so odd because I had my camera too!

      Delete
  2. I have never been in a Planet Hollywood...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The memorabilia is quite interesting. :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...