Background

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Shot Tales: Flowertown

I couldn't tell you where I got the glass I'm featuring today, but I can tell you that this is where I live! They call my town "Flowertown"... as if "Summerville" isn't whimsical enough! It's mainly due to all the azaleas, and the Flowertown Festival each Spring. 


The scene on the glass, which come to realize is a tad blurry, is from Azalea Park.  It's about 5 minutes from my house and so pretty in the Spring.  It's pretty all the time, but in the Spring when the azaleas are in bloom it is even prettier.  Some of our wedding photos were taken in azalea park.  Pretty sweet looking pair there, don't you think?


If you ever watch the Food Network show Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, then you may have seen the episode where he went to Perfectly Franks, a hot dog place in Summerville, very close to my house.  I finally made it over there to eat earlier this month and it was delicious! Who knew there were so many ways to top a hot dog?

This shot glass is special because it represents home to me.  It's where I live and it's so pretty.

If you want more Shot Tales, check them out here!

4 comments:

  1. HEY GIRL - YOU'RE OUR SPOTLIGHT DANCER TODAY! 4M"S? MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry, such a slacker yesterday. I did finally post, hope you caught it!

      Delete
  2. Flowertown sounds pretty and love your wedding photo,such a pretty dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I am so in love with my dress, to this day. It's in my closet. Still haven't gotten it cleaned which is both good and bad... good because then I don't feel guilty whipping it out, bad because I'm sure some of those marks will never come out now!!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...