Background

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pondering With a Purpose: Legacy

Day five of the 30 Day Shred is complete.  I'm trying to think back and remember if I made it this far the last time.  I'm sure I made it past day 5, but in a row? I'm feeling pretty good about myself! It still burns when I do it, but fortunately the after-burn is subsiding and the following day, leading up to the next grueling session, all is well.  Makes me happy!

So on to Pondering With a Purpose! Each week Brenda comes up with a topic for us to take to our blogs and write about.  It's nice to think about things you wouldn't ordinarily think about, or to talk about things you do think about but just don't have a platform for.  Click the button below to head over to Brenda's blog and ponder with us!

Think on Thursday

This week's topic is legacy... what do you want to be remembered for?

I want to be remember for my compassion.  I'm hoping that when I'm FINALLY done with school, all the future years of it, that I'll be able to make a profound impact on the lives of the people I work with.  I'm going to school for psychology, and I plan to get a master degree at the very least but hopefully one day a doctorate as well.  So I know that I will have the opportunity to touch lives beyond the lives of my friends and family and I hope it makes a difference.  It will make all the courses and the studying and the writing and the tests and all the MONEY(!!!!!!) spent worth it.

6 comments:

  1. I am proud of you making day 5~~~ each day gets easier..... yay for you!
    Thanks for pondering with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today will be day 8! It is getting much, much easier!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your education. It is important to open your mind to new ideas and concepts. This will help you to create a lasting legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not exactly sure what the 30 Day Shred is, but it sounds healthy (and painful) so you go girl! Keep up the good work.

    Good luck with school. It will be worth it I'm sure and from what I've seen you'll be good at it. You seem to have compassion down. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much!! 30 Day Shred is a workout by Jillian Michael's from The Biggest Loser, it's a butt kicker!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...