Background

Monday, August 13, 2012

Music Monday

I'm hopping on the train again this week for some Monday's Music Moves Me.  I've decided I'm meant to participate in this hop.  My first Music Monday post was two weeks ago, I decided I wanted to do some music posts so I started my little Monday Music thing and then Cathy from Cathy Kennedy's blog came over and suggested I hop on the train.  I had already scheduled a few posts for future Mondays, complete with songs and anecdotal little tales, so I was a little apprehensive about how I would incorporate my existing posts into the hop.  Well, turns out I haven't had to change much! Last week was a free post, so my scheduled post fit right in, and this week is a country theme.  Turns out the post I had scheduled for today was a country song as well! What luck??

Click the button below to hop on over to Xmas Dolly, the blog hosting the hop.  These are some really great people and a very interactive hop, so if you're looking for some folks to welcome you with warm, open arms, this is the hop to join. I've got to help the husband cook dinner (yes, he cooks dinner while I'm blogging) and then I'll be back later to hop!





This song is a more recent favorite of mine.  And by more recent I mean within the past 5 years, as opposed to some of the songs from my life in the 90s.  Growing up, I was never a fan of country music.  In fact, until I moved to South Carolina, I totally loathed it.  It's still kind of weird for me to love a country song, but what can I say? I heard this song a few weeks ago for the first time in a long time and the love story in it made me tear up.  I'm very lucky to have found a love like the one in the song.

12 comments:

  1. I had to skip a bit before the music started, but it is really a great country song. I like it a lot. Thanks for sharing!

    Danielle
    Royalegacy Reviews & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I changed the link, should start right up now. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  2. The one thing I so totally love about country songs....especially like this one....they always, always tell a great story.
    Nice to have ya dancing with us again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do, you can often relate to what they are saying. It's very human.

      Delete
  3. OH yeah, Kenny really out did himself with this one. Great choice my friend. Thanks for riding along with us. Hope to see you next week too! Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Kenny! Such a beautiful song.

    Ashley @ Dr. Pepper Diva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Songs like these always make me tear up too because they make me think of my boyfriend :)

    It's a good tearing up though!

    Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a musical week ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new-to-me song, but I like the character it projects.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...