Background

Monday, August 6, 2012

Music Monday

I'm going to give a new Monday hop a shot... Monday's Music Moves Me.  Since I decided last week I was going to make some "Music Monday" posts and Cathy from Cathy Kennedy's Blog hopped over and suggested I join the hop she participates in and co-conducts, I figured why not give it a shot? Click the button below to head over to XmasDolly's blog where she hosts this hop every week.




Oasis's Don't Look Back In Anger brings me back to my teens! I remember having the cassette single and playing it over and over again.  Today I have the CD but haven't listened to it in a very long time.  It actually came up on Song Pop and brought back memories.  The song really reminds me of an old friend, Jen P., we used to listen to this and sing along.  We had a lot of fun.  Her dream car was a convertible Volkswagen Rabbit, like the one in Can't Buy Me Love.  She finally found one and bought it and man it was the biggest piece of garbage! It was so much fun though.  I remember breaking down on a main road, in the turning lane for the mall.  It was funny and embarrassing at the same time.  I haven't seen or heard from Jen P. in more than 10 years, every once in a while I look her up on Facebook, but no hits so far!

13 comments:

  1. I've never heard this song before, but it was cool. Thanks for sharing! New GFC follower!

    Danielle
    Royalegacy Reviews & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the follow!! :)

      Delete
  2. Whoa, look at you! WELCOME ABOARD our love train that is the "LOVE" of Rock & Roll, the love of music. So glad you chose us. Cathy is a dear and that's why I chose to ask her aboard permanently. Besides she has great taste in music. I sure hope you make it a habit to rock with us. Fresh blood is always great for the soul besides you too have a good taste in music. I've never heard this before, but I've got the speakers up so you knows I likes! So I'm your latest follower my new friend. So happy to meet you. Every other week our theme is Freebie week which means you can play anything you like to rock our world. Then on the other weeks we have a theme which is found in my side-bar. You may be chosen for our Spotlight Dancer and you get first place in our linky and you get to pick the next theme. Really all the info is on my Post check it out. In the linky there's many more Posts to visit to rock your world and wake up to a new rockin' week. Hope to see you next week. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the warm welcome!! And you haven't seen me dance so you may take back that possible Spotlight Dancer!! :) This seems like a fun hop and I definitely want to check it out more!

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the fun musical meme! It's so much fun seeing what people put up each week-I can honestly say I've learned and heard more new songs by participating in this meme :)

    I really love this song! I know I've heard it before because it's vaguely familiar, but I couldn't tell you when or where I heard it from!

    Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a musical week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like a really fun hop and I can't wait to hop!! Crazy week so I haven't gotten a chance to yet, but I'm on my way!!

      Delete
  4. Yeah....so happy you are on the music train now! I am just back from camping, so didn't have time to do a song for this week, but hopefully we'll "dance" again next week.
    great first choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Can't wait to see what you pick out!

      Delete
  5. It's amazing how music can bring the past to present keenly.

    Very nice choice.

    Thanks for rocking out with us!

    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you decided to dance with us. Your freebie tune totally rocks! Honestly, though it's new to me. I always get my music education on freebie week, which I LOVE!!! This week has been really sluggish for me because we're smack in the middle of computer problems. That's why imsd terribly late coming by to dance with you. You made my heart sing to see that you came back to join the Love Train. I know I speak for everyone else when I say, "Welcome aboard!!!" keep the music alive in your heart & soul! Hope to see you next Monday"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I can't wait to see what the others posted!!

      Delete
  7. At first I thought it sounded like 'you may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one :) The title is good advice too. Thanks for dropping by my nook. Have a great weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...