Background

Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday's Music Moves Me - Spotlight!!

 Photobucket

I'm so excited to have been chosen as today's spotlight dancer for this fun hop and I feel like a total bonehead for having not posted sooner.  Crazy day today and finally getting around to some ME time!

Xmas Dolly

So this week's theme is music from the year you graduated high school! Fun!!!! Not saying I love all these songs, but it does bring back some radio/MTV memories! It's hard to pick just a few so I picked A LOT! I was very into music back then, I still am, but I would listen to music almost non stop back then.


I'm not sure anyone could have guessed what the future had in store for Britney.
 I've always been a fan of Cristina, can't wait for The Voice to start back up!
 1999 definitely ranked high on the cheese-o-meter!
 Love the Goo Goo Dolls!
 I never listened to Backstreet Boys back then but for some reason I can not get this song out of my head now.
 I love listening to this song on 90s on 9!
 These lyrics have good meaning behind them.
 This is another 90s on 9 favorite.
 Who didn't love Smooth?
 Can anyone hear this song without wanting to turn off the TV or change the channel?
 I probably have not heard this song since 1999.
 Hahahaha! I'm a Jennifer so this was always a fun one.
 Something about this song makes me feel warm.  Every thing is going to be alright.
 I actually didn't hear this song back in '99, I heard it for the first time a few years ago and I absolutely love it! Was happy when I saw it on the list.  :)
 Another fun one!
 This was big our senior year.  Unfortunately it was also used at one of our classmates funerals a few years later.  Sarah McLachlan knows how to make you cry!
 I remember driving around with my friend Jess listening to this.
 Another 90s on 9 favorite!!

14 comments:

  1. Okay girl. I'm loving all this! I thought of adding most of these to my post today!! GMTA :)

    Oh and nothing wrong with your link at all. Usually the featured dancer get linked to the top :), so they don't have to do it themselves. Saves them a hassle :)

    Congrats on being featured. OOh and thanks for the memories with these songs! Whoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that I was featured, just wish I was more prompt! Things have been crazy these days.

      I'm glad you enjoyed and can't wait to hop over to see your selections. :)

      Delete
  2. I love love LOVE all your choices!
    That's why I am here sooooooooooo long.
    Mine is here
    Have you a FANTABULOUS MUSICAL WEEK!!!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Can't wait to check out your choices.

      Delete
  3. Wow, you really pulled out some excellent hits from 1999. While you were leaving high school, I had three kids by this time ages 11, 9, & 5. The beautiful thing about music is it knows no age, so you can slip into the groove anytime makes no difference if you're 18 or 98. Thanks for sharing and joining the dance party on Monday's Music Moves Me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was really fun looking back at 1999 and getting refreshed on some of the songs I had forgotten all about. It's also funny to see some of the songs on that list and think, "that has been out this long?"

      Delete
  4. Oh, I love these songs, it reminds me of driving my kids all over kingdom come,this is what was on in the car, no iPods back then, the radio,so these were the songs blaring in the car!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I have a friend whose mom would probably say the same thing! She drove us everywhere and probably knows every Beastie Boys song by heart!

      Delete
  5. Love, love, love the Santana/Rob Thomas collaboration. And Goo Goo Dolls are still one of my faves.
    Congrats on the Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I can't wait to see what you picked!!

      Delete
  6. Oh man, I think I love you right now!! I remember a LOT of these from my youth-Not high school mind you, but I'd say 6th grade/middle school age.

    You just brought back a FLOOD of memories ^.^

    Congratulations on being chosen as the spotlight for this week! Hope you're enjoying your special dance to all this fantastic music :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Checking out the list of songs from 99 brought back a ton of memories for me too! I wanted to list every song!

      Delete
  7. 1999 had some great music! I love all your choices. I was so in love with Ricky Martin back then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it sure did have some great music. I love looking at the Billboard charts for a particular year, it's such a fun flashback.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...