Background

Sunday, August 5, 2012

I lost!

Last Saturday I took my measurements and weighed myself.  I got down all my starting figures so I could track my progress.  I told myself NOT to weigh in after the first week.  I know it can be motivating to weigh in weekly, but I was so afraid that, like every other time I've attempted to lose weight, I'd see no results and lose my motivation.  You can't erase an increase on the scale from your memory, especially after making many changes to your lifestyle.

Well, a switch flipped in my head and I decided that I had to know if this past week was worth it.  Don't get me wrong, I feel good.  I've enjoyed the food I've been eating.  Cleaning out my cabinets was liberating.  But I wanted to make sure I was on the right path before I proceeded through another week of it.

And it was! I'm down 2 lbs! Holy crap!! I seriously can't remember the last time I've purposely lost 2 lbs.  Usually I just weigh in periodically when I'm not even dieting and the scale will go up and down.  But this was totally awesome!!

Image Credit

My scale is one of those ones with the dial.  I want a digital one.  I know that is better for weight loss as it shows the decimals so even if I don't lose a full pound, I might lose .2 lbs and that will be better to see than no change.  So that's my next purchase.

I also completed one full week (7 days) of the 30 Day Shred! I've never made it this far in a row before, I always end up taking a day off and whining about it.  So I'm just thrilled. And of course I did it today so that makes 8!

Not sure how I'm going to reward myself for these two accomplishments yet.  In the past I'd usually reward myself with something food related, like dinner out or desert, but that's kind of counterproductive. 

When I did my workout today, I decided to play music on my iPod.  It was a good idea because it made the already quick 20 minute workout even faster.  I put it on shuffle and it was interesting going from The Beatles to Fleetwood Mac to Lady Gaga.  As I was finishing up, Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror" came on and it was inspiring.  If you've ever heard the song and really listened to the lyrics, you'll know why.


Granted the lyrics are deeper than fitness, but the bottom line is, if  you want things to change you've got to look at yourself first.

What is a fun way you reward yourself for the little big things?

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! If you are really wanting to reward yourself and it is a food you desire then do it but go small, one cookie, one ice cream cone, single dip, with no extras. It is learning to have something small but still give you a taste for something you desire, if it is salty, measure the chips. This is awesome, so very, very awesome!!! I know how hard you worked this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And great tip!! I have the tendency to over do it with food, especially treats! Great pointers.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...