Background

Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Fill Ins

I hope everyone has had a wonderful week! My week was fine, I guess, but it's all hindsight as I am looking forward to my three day weekend!! Anyone else have a three day weekend to enjoy?? I know it's Labor Day and most workplaces close for that, but I also know not everyone works in a place that gets to take advantage of holidays, and some of you I'm sure have jobs that don't give you time off at all, like all the moms and dads out there.  In a past life I worked at Blockbuster and I worked every holiday known to man.  Not kidding.  I worked at least two Thanksgivings and two Christmases in a row.  The bonus was that my coworkers would bring me some of the yummy food from their family feasts.  This was when my parents had already moved to South Carolina, so I didn't have a holiday meal to look forward to before or after my shifts. But enough about that, let's fill in the blank!

Each week Hilary at Feeling Beachie posts four statements on her blog that we take to our own blogs and complete in our own way.  She's always looking for co-hosts of this fun hop so please e-mail her suggestions for statements at feelingbeachie@gmail.com.  Now click the button below to go to Hilary's blog and play along.  :)

Photobucket

This week's statements:

1. I love to ___ but hate to ___.
2. ___ makes my day better.
3. They didn't think I could ___ but I did.
4. Warning: ___!

My answers:

1. I love to have a clean house but hate to clean it.  I haven't read any of the other links on the linky yet, but something tells me this might be a popular answer.
2. Seeing the faces of those I love makes my day better.
3. They didn't think I could fill in this statement but I did.  Sorry, I couldn't think of anything!!
4. Warning: contents under pressure!

20 comments:

  1. Your right about #1, but I decided against putting it. I just ready your about blog. We have a lot of the same interests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lucky and have a three day weekend! I have nothing special planned but I'm so excited to have the time off! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, nothing fancy just free time!!

      Delete
  3. In my dreams, my house is clean...then I wake up and have no idea how it will get that clean!

    In my another life I worked in local sports television for 4-1/2 years and game day for the Detroit Tigers for 2 seasons. When my next job was an everyone takes off early before the long weekend I didn't know what to do with myself! I'd always worked on holidays!

    We get Sunday - 3PM Tuesday with rain in the forecast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the rain in the forecast turned out to be a fluke!

      Delete
  4. If the kids are out and the music is on...I can clean all day long. I grew up cleaning out horse stalls and cow pens --- my kids can make quite a mess, but still not quite as bad as that was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can clean all day if either Brad is not home or if he is helping. I have zero motivation to clean when he is watching TV or otherwise fooling around. Unless I'm annoyed and in the kitchen, then I make a raucous to make a point!

      Delete
  5. Ah, enjoy your three day weekend and I'm bit odd, I do enjoy cleaning, so weird, very,very weird :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very weird indeed! But a food weird. :)

      Delete
  6. #1 is SOOOO true! But, as RoryBore said, if the kids were out, I could clean all day too. Heck, I'll redecorate while I'm at it. Did someone say Ikea? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ikea is such a tease! We don't have one here. :(

      Delete
  7. Enjoy your weekend Jennifer, thank you for the wonderful comment on my blog, I feel very blessed to have such great blog friends like you!! I love the answer on #2 so AGREE with that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't been by in a while... actually haven't even been on line... but wanted you to know I was thinking of you!
    Have a great week... what's left of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thinking of you today too!

      Delete
  9. I am with you on #1. Hate it so much!!! I would try to get the hubs to hire a cleaning crew, but, um, I stay at home, so it's sort of my job....... :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...