Background

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back at One

Last week I got myself all psyched up to go to level two of the 30 Day Shred.  I felt I was ready for a new challenge and indeed I was.  What I wasn't ready for was the plank position.
Image Credit

It wasn't that I was writhing in pain or anything like that.  I just couldn't stay still enough to not fall down.  I am apparently not coordinated enough to resume this position for more than a few seconds which makes it quite complicated to do various exercises in level two.  Call me clumsy!

I am a fighter though.  I push through things just so I can say I can do it or have done it.  So believe me when I say I gave it my all.  I think the fact that I've nearly mastered level one of the shred is proof enough of that.  The plank position just kicked my butt. 

So I'm back at level one.  I figured it was better to get a full workout at a lower level than a partial workout at an upper level.  In my spare time I'm going to work on the plank position.  I'm going to try to stick it and keep my balance so at some point I can move on to level two.  I didn't feel like I accomplished enough or worked out hard enough the few days I did level two since the plank position was a key part.  But I always feel like I have gotten a good workout when I do level one. 

I am not discouraged, I'm actually happy I made the decision to take a step back.  I think it's very important for us to recognize when we have a good thing going, even if it keeps us someplace longer than we'd like, as long as we're still making progress overall.  And I lost another two pounds last week so I know I'm still making progress.

Since starting this new chapter three weeks ago I'm down six pounds and I'm so happy about that.  I've never began a fitness plan and seen steady results like these.  It's always been a yo-yo effect.  Life is good.

4 comments:

  1. Listening to your body is important and way to go, another 2 pounds AND you are feeling great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am. Didn't work out the past two days because I was at a retreat and I feel so crappy!!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...