Background

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

1 is the lonliest number...

So I weighed in on Saturday and I was only one pound down from the previous week.  Not fun.  But I am still pretty proud of myself considering I had a total fail of a week.

Image Credit

It all started with a retreat for work.  It was a leadership training of sorts.  It was awesome, but that's beside the point.  There was food.  And wine.  I actually didn't crazily go over my calorie intake, but I did go over.  I also missed working out 2 days.  Shame on me.  But it was hard.  I was out of town pretty much all day Tuesday and then most of the day Wednesday.  Came home and crashed on the couch.  I did pick up for the rest of the week though, and unfortunately had a work meeting, complete with more food, on Friday.  Another fail day.

Saturday and Sunday I did not exercise and I ate crap food, while still staying within my calories though.  Really didn't leave myself much room for mistakes this week, that's for sure. 

The good news is I feel like crap after I eat crap food.  How is that good? Because it makes me not want it anymore.  It makes me realize that eating broccoli is better than eating french fries, my body is telling me so and I need to listen to it.  I can't even begin to tell you how awful I felt after drinking a couple glasses of wine and eating rich foods.  I felt like I had lead in my stomach.  Not fun.

So I'm still here.  Seven pounds down in four weeks.  Wish it was 8 but it is what it is.  I'm still motivated and still feeling good.  Slowly but surely I'm feeling better about myself.  I can't wait to do my measurements again this weekend and see my progress!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, seven pounds is a great accomplishment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It sure is. Now I need a digital scale so I can get the .3 or .4 etc...

      Delete
  3. 7 in a month is great!

    You don't want to lose more than a pound or two a week for health or looks. I've read that 1% of your body weight is healthy and faster than that your face will get very gaunt and add ten years to your look. I had 2 family members who lost a lot fast and it took 2 years for their faces to recover. That's where my vanity is; Instead of measurements, I photo my face every week. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you always make me giggle. I definitely don't want to lose more than 2 lbs a week, I think gradual is definitely best. I've been a slacker so far this week... I need to get on the ball!

      Delete
  4. Keep up the positive thoughts on this!!! You can not deprive yourself or make it seem like a "DIET" studies show it makes the mind go into a panic and we will actually crave more foods when we think diet, you are doing it smart Jennifer slow and steady makes it stay gone for the long term, anyone can lose 1 or even 5 lbs in a week but not the healthy way and it comes right back with friends. I dropped 10lbs in 8 days due to surgery but as soon as I went on solids I gained back the 10 plus 3 more I was heart broken, so I say keep on what you are doing which is feeling good and making good choices for long term success!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice, thank you so much for the words of encouragement! You are definitely right, the word "diet" is intimidating and can be discouraging. It's about changing your way of life, not your meal plan. I eat pretty regular foods and don't feel like I'm depriving myself the way I have thought in the past when I've gone on diets.

      Delete
  5. Believe you me, I understand completely what it's like to eat crap and feel like crap! Somehow, that STILL doesn't seem to stop me...I shouldn't say that. It probably stops me 5% of the time. LOL

    I really do need to start getting better about that and finding exercises I can actually do.

    Even though it was just 1 lb, that's still a step forward! Just look at it like a tiny victory :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a tiny victory! Just a smaller part of the big picture. I say as I sit on the couch feeling as stuffed as a Thanksgiving turkey! And not a good stuffed either! Blah.....

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...