Background

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pondering With a Purpose Cheater :)

So I missed a week of Pondering With a Purpose and I'm late on another week.  Since the first week's linky is closed, I'm combining the two so I don't miss out! :)

Click the button below to hop over to Brenda's page and ponder with us!

Think on Thursday

First, I'll do the topic I missed, respect.  When you hear the word "respect" what do you think of?

For me, it's a combination of things.  I believe you've got to give it to get it.  You can't walk around treating people like garbage and expect people to respect you, except other people who treat people like garbage, and you can have them! I believe everyone deserves the opportunity to receive respect, and they need to prove themselves worthy in that moment.  I think respect has to do with treating people the way you'd want to be treated, in some cases whether they deserve it or not.  I think it's being free of ignorance and prejudice, too.  You can't judge a book by it's cover, you haven't walked a day in anyone's shoes but your own.  People deserve a chance, that opportunity to earn your respect.  If they fail, then they fail, but they should be offered that chance.

Second, we have extremes.  Talk about the extremes you'd be willing to go for the people you love. 

I would do anything within my means for the people I love.  I'm certainly not superwoman so there are things I can't do, but if I can do it I will.  And I'd prefer to keep it legal too, though there are some things I'd break the law for, and by that I pretty much mean speeding or other traffic violations, I'm not going to rob a bank or commit murder, I'm no good to anyone if I'm in jail or a psychopath.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the double dose of pondering! I agree with the respect thing and that is what I have taught my children. In fact it got my daughter into so much trouble as a kid when she thought someone wasn't treating her with respect... hopefully she's learned to temper that temper :)

    And I've been known to break a law or two (shhhhhh) for those I love....

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...