Background

Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday...

As is the story of my life... I have fallen behind again.  It has been a hard few days.  Brad's beloved Uncle Bobby passed away Thursday evening and our weekend was spent with family as we celebrated his life and mourned his death.  Sadly two other relatives of his passed this weekend as well, then today I read that Hillary's dear Alex passed on.  Breaks my heart.  To add insult to injury, I seem to be losing my voice and I'm feeling rather crappy.  I hope I'm not getting sick.  So as I attempt to get myself organized this week, I will catch up on posts and hopefully some of the hops that I missed last week.  I almost didn't play along today but I need to get my normal back and not participating in one of my favorite hops wouldn't help!

On that note, click the button below to hop over to Acting Balanced and play along with this fun Q&A hop.

Acting Balanced

1. If you could be on a reality TV show which one would you want to be a part of?

I'd have to go with one of the baking ones on Food Network.  Not sure if that counts or not but it's pretty much the only reality TV I watch.  I would really have to practice my cookies and cakes!

2. You have the power to create one law, what would it be?

A fine for complaining.

3. How's your weather today?

Hot.  Summer in SC has only one temperature, hot.  It rained a little bit in Charleston when I was at work, but not at home.

4. Other than the country you currently live in, where else would you want to live?

Italy.  Tuscany.  And I have a friend there who I'm sure would LOVE to help me start out.

And my fifth question for you...

What's for dinner tonight??


10 comments:

  1. Homemade baked ziti and Italian bread on the table for today - and it disappeared in a flash!

    I'm so sorry for your losses. It must be a sad time for your family. May the Lord grant you comfort and peace as you remember your loved ones and keep their memories alive.

    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arlene, thank you so much! I absolutely loved baked ziti!!

      Delete
  2. What an awful weekend! So much loss. I', sending a prayer for comfort and strength for you and Brad. Hope you feel better. Stress can help sick along and you've had a ton of stress. :(

    Dinner tonight, that we just finished, was what I told David was "Newlywed Food." I followed the directions (for the most part) on the seasoning package for meatloaf with instant mashed potatoes and crinkle cut carrots. It was lazy but tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lazy dinner!!
      Thank you for the condolences!

      Delete
  3. oh my gosh! what a week for you...hope this week is peaceful and uneventful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your losses and I hope you are not getting sick. Here is hoping that things begin to turn around for you this week!!

    We had steak, bake potatoes with salad and strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! On the sick side I am feeling better!
      We had steak and baked potatoes on Wednesday, they were awesome.

      Delete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss but so thankful that with everything going on you took the time to mention Alex & me. You are a great friend. i also hope that you didn't get sick and that your voice was just tired / emotion...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, and thank you! I didn't end up getting very sick after all, I think I was just worn out.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...