Background

Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday Quiz About Me

What a busy day! Work was as fun as work could be today, and I really do mean that! Not my usual sarcasm.  I had a good day.  I'm very excited because I'll have a new person starting in the office with me on Wednesday and she came by today to fill out her new hire paperwork.  Hopefully my good day today will be a sign of things to come... a good week!!

On to Monday Quiz About me with Heather from Acting Balanced.  This is a fun five question hop where the last question is one that you ask to your readers.  A fun way to interact with fellow bloggers.  Click the button below to play along.

Acting Balanced

1. What are your favorite pizza toppings?

Ham, bacon, and pineapple.  Yummo!

2. What is the strangest name you've ever heard for a child?

Apple.  No matter how many years go by, I still can't get over Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin naming their daughter Apple.  It's just weird to me.

3. What is the best vacation you've ever gone on?

Wow, this is hard.  I have had vacations that I've enjoyed, but I'm not sure I can call one "the best" yet.  I loved family trips to Ocean City and Myrtle Beach, and of course our annual trips to Florida, but they all have a "routine" feeling to them, so I don't think I'd venture to call them "the best". 

4. What is your favorite quick summer meal?

Grilled chicken salad with pineapples and mandarin oranges.  It takes a little while to grill the chicken, either in a pan or on the grill, but the rest comes together nicely and it's very light and cool.  Perfect for the summer.

And my question for you...

5. Do you buy all your groceries at one store, or shop around?

I shop around, sometimes visiting more than 4 stores in a day! Fortunately they are all down the same road, so I start with the farthest away and just work my way back home so it's not as much of an inconvenience.  If they weren't on the same street, I can promise you I wouldn't even bother since the savings most likely wouldn't be worth the gas I used.

8 comments:

  1. When my children were young I did all the grocery shopping and I usually checked the ads and went to the store with the most usable things on sale. Now my kids are all grown and I have a different life, a different city and a different husband and he does all the grocery shopping. He loves going to all the stores in the city for one thing or another. He does a great job so I just leave it to him, after all he is retired and has the time to visit as many stores as he wishes! lol
    Have a great week!
    glosews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband does a pretty good job at the grocery store! If I give him a list he actually sticks to it, which is more than I can say for myself. He just doesn't like to do it, boo!

      Delete
  2. I hate to shop 1 store and I am done headed home whew! yep best is yet to come!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really mind the grocery stores, I can't stand other stores though!

      Delete
  3. I shop around. I check the ads, and go to the store that has the best sales.

    I know what you mean about most vacations feeling "routine". I wonder why that is...

    Thanks for stopping by yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! And thank you for stopping by this morning!

      Delete
  4. I shop at no less than 2 and sometimes 5 stores to get the best deals... I was just mentioning that Michelle last night... why can't all the stores sell the stuff for the same price? It's all the same stuff!!!
    Her response: Be glad you have a choice... in Germany I have ONE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard you can go to Walmart with all the flyers and they'll match the prices but I think I'd die trying to do that!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...