Background

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A twist on the little green monster

I'm not one to get very jealous.  I love myself, my life, and all that's in it.  I've worked very hard to get where I'm at and I appreciate myself for it.

With that being said, I follow quite a few organization blogs.  You know the type, chock full of crafty ideas, tips, and tricks for making your home look fresh out of a catalog? Everything is so clean, so straight, so perfect.  Even the families are beautiful?

Well, I was catching up on my blog reading over the weekend and got to one of these blogs.  I was looking at some of the pictures she had posted of her latest assignment, in awe as usual, and I browsed some other posts and images and it dawned on me, this woman can take pictures too! Not only can she keep an organized house and complete tons of DIY projects, but she can take a mean picture of her beautiful family too! Figures.

See, that's a moment when the little green monster should come out, right? All envious of superwoman in all her homemaker glory... but I didn't get jealous... 

I'm inspired!

And why shouldn't I be? I read her blog for the qualities I admire in her, the same as with many other blogs I read.  Something sparked my interest - with her blog, it's the cleanliness, the creativity, the order.  I like order. It's inspiring, all the blogs I read are inspiring!

This one travels the world? I could get jealous, or hey, I could travel the world too! Or accept and appreciate whatever reason I can't travel the world.

That one has a gorgeous baby? I could envy her for that, or I could just plan to have a baby of my own because I know it will be cuter, at least to me.  :)

I think jealousy and envy are wasted emotions.  They're like gas you don't put in the tank.  Instead of being jealous of what these women can do, I use that energy to DO what these women do.  Then what would I have to be jealous of? I might not have thought of it first, but that means less work, right? I'm not reinventing the wheel.  :)

Do you have any moments where you've turned what could have been jealousy (or another wasted emotion) into something productive or inspiring?

4 comments:

  1. This is really a good point. Jealousy and envy are wasted energies. I,too find myself inspired and awe-struck by other women's abilities. I want to be more like them in. I remember one time when I was working in the kitchen with my young daughters. I think we were trying a new recipe and they were helping. I would give them instructions, as I explained how to do this or why that is done or ...when one of my DD's said, "Mommy, you're like Martha Stewart only better." WOW! Now that was a compliment, was it not? You're on the right track in your thinking, girl! Thanks for reminding us! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments Cathy! Made me smile. I love it when kids remind the adults in their life that they're pretty darn cool. :)

      Delete
  2. I agree, but I still don't see how those women do it all! I wish they could come do it all at my house! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...