Background

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Small Business Spotlight: Scentsy & Velata (I'm doing a party with her right now!!)

This week's Small Business Saturday Spotlight has my mouth watering! My friend Missy is a consultant for both Scentsy and Velata.

I purchased a Scentsy wickless candle from an online party Missy was having and let me tell you, it is amazing! I went with a collegiate warmer (University of South Carolina Gamecocks to appease Brad, of course) and the Vanilla Cream Scentsy Bar.  Wow! We have an open living room/kitchen area and that candle works wonders. 

I love it so much that I'm doing a basket party with Missy! She lives in New Jersey and I live in South Carolina, how awesome is it that we can still work together like that? If you are interested in ordering from MY party, go to her link at the end of this post, and click the link beside my name, Jennifer, on the right hand side.  It will be shipped right to you! And contact me (justanotherdayjbe@gmail.com) if you want to hear about a special offer!




How long have you been in business?

I have been in business for the last 2 months now.

How did you get started?

A friend of mine introduced me to Scentsy (which is a wickless candle that is very safe to use and beautifully made) a little over a year ago and at that moment my life was a little too hectic. I just became pregnant with my second child with a 17 year difference and I just didn't know if I could really focus or dedicate time to Scentsy. I kept tossing the idea around about being a consultant but was never really sure if it was for me. Then finally decided hey let me just give it a shot and it doesnt hurt to at least try and I won't know if I try.. So I became a consultant for Scentsy and soon after signing up they introduced another brand called Velata which is a Fondue warmer and decided why not. So here I am now an Independent Consultant for both Scentsy and Velata andloving every minute of it.

What has been your best moment so far?

My Best moment so far was getting requests for Basket Parties. There are so many people who are not aware of Scentsy and being able to share both Scentsy and Velata with NEW people and seeing how they love the product just makes me know each day that I did the right thing in signing up.

What is the best thing about what you do?

The Best thing about what I do is that it doesn't take a lot of time. It's not like a second job but it is another income and I love sharing the product. I love people asking me questions and wanting to know more. I like that it doesn't take much of my time and the fact that friends and families can host parties online without having to worry about cleaning up their home and that even with hosting parties online that they are able to get free products from Scentsy and Velata and they are able to share with their families and friends as well.

Where can we find you?

I have two websites, one for Scentsy and one for Velata and they are both pretty simple. you can find me at www.overthemoon.scentsy.us and www.overthemoon.velata.us.

Anything you'd like to add?

I choose Over The Moon as my website because I am Over the Moon about my 2 boys and every time I log onto my website and I type in Over the Moon it reminds me as to why I started on this journey and what I hope to make of it.
Thanks so much :)

Thank you Missy!!

If you or someone you know has a small business and is interested in being featured here, e-mail me at justanotherdayjbe@gmail.com!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE SCENTSY I HAVE THEM IN ALL MY ROOMS AND IT IS MY FAVORITE THING TO GIVE AS A GIFT, FAVORITE BAR RIGHT NOW IS THE CUCUMBER LIME HANDS DOWN HMMM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I'll have to check that scent out!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Jennifer :) and Janice I couldn't agree with you more.. it has become my favorite gift giving item as well :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...