Background

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Attack of the dirigibles!

This past weekend Brad and I went on a "First Sunday Cruise" with a couple of car clubs he met online and at an in-person meet and greet at the local Sonic.  These are a couple of Mopar groups, which, for those of you who are as challenged in the automotive field as I am, basically means they are Dodge, Chrysler, and Plymouth vehicles.  There weren't as many cars out there as I had envisioned, a lot of no shows, but it was a good time nonetheless.  We met some nice people and I'm happy Brad is making some new friends. 

Sonic seems to be the "place to be" for car clubs.  They do car shows at the various restaurants and I'm sure there is some historical significance to that I am not aware of.  Anyway, that's where our cruise ended up, a newly built Sonic.  The boys opened their hood and we sat around talking and drinking our beverages of choice. 

That's when it happened.

A dirigible crash landed in the parking lot right next to us!

Kidding.  But seriously, it might as well have.  Brad and I were talking to this guy about some remodeling that is being done in one of the North Charleston neighborhoods near the old naval base, well Brad was talking and I was pretending to pay attention, and all of a sudden I heard "sea planes airport where they used to build dirigibles."

What?

A human being that I have come into contact with somewhat randomly actually knows what a dirigible is? Enough to use it appropriately in a sentence?

I was flabbergasted.  Seriously.  After I heard him say "dirigible" I couldn't use "the" correctly in a sentence.

I even looked up what he was talking about... here it is.  He was spot on.

This word is starting to get on my nerves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...