Background

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tuesday Coffee Chat: Music

Good morning! I can't believe I'm actually sitting here with a coffee participating in this week's coffee chat.  Usually I do these posts in the evening when it's dangerous for me to have coffee, so I fake it.  But I miss participating in the weekly hops so much that I am eager to get started early! Coffee in hand, or on desk because that would make it real difficult to type, here we go!


Music is such a great topic, I love it.  I have a very eclectic collection.  Like Leslie, what I am listening to at the moment really depends on my mood.  I tend to opt for the radio when I'm in the car because there is a variety at my fingertips and unless I'm in a particular "type of music mood", I get sick of one genre too quickly.

I'm thinking and thinking and I can't think of that one song I'd sing for my hypothetical audition.  Is there a song that sounds like dying cats? Hey, I could probably rock the Meow Mix jingle...

I can't sing.  Absolutely. Can. Not. Sing.  Doesn't mean I don't try, when no one is around of course, usually in the car.  Which reminds me of a funny story.  Excuse me while I sidetrack...

I was on my way back from Greenville, I had to do something there for work.  It was about a 4 hour drive back home and I was in the oh-so-comfy minivan that I kind of miss.  So there I am driving down I-26 in a minivan, listening to... wait for it... Linkin Park.  I hadn't listened to their Hybrid Theory album in so long and I was surprised at how many of the lyrics I remembered.  So naturally I was belting them out and dancing in my seat.  Little did I know my speed had ridiculously increased.  Out of the corner of my eye I could see a car was maintaining speed with me and it kind of creeped me out because they couldn't possibly want to see me dance.  I dance as bad as I sing and when you're driving it's no better.  So I stopped bouncing and slowly peered over to my left and it was a cop.  Great! Fortunately he just motioned for me to slow down, I nodded, and he sped away.  I think it was the minivan that let me get away with it, either that or he saw my dance moves and figured I had enough problems...

Image Courtesy of RPS

So back to the audition! Maybe I could do R.E.M.'s "It's the End of the World as We Know It"?  I do know all the lyrics and maybe that would impress the judges enough to let me through despite my voice. Maybe.

So some of the artists/bands that I like are: Billy Joel, Elton John, Eagles, Metallica, Linkin Park, George Strait, Bobby Darin, Adele, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath, R.E.M., Clay Walker, Blake Shelton, Tim McGraw, Our Lady Peace, Filter, Norah Jones, Mazzy Star, 311... and the list can seriously go on and on and on... you can tell I'm all over the place when it comes to music! Who am I kidding, I'm all over the place when it comes to anything!

And a moment of silence for Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys.  I grew up with the Beastie Boys, I even went to see them in concert in the 90s.  I had License to Ill on cassette! So sad to hear of his passing.

6 comments:

  1. WOW you and I do have similar tastes in music.... glad to see you participating this week!!!
    Love the background.... so 'springy'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda! We really do have similar tastes. :)

      Delete
  2. Love the Meox Mix jingle! That's musical genius right there - LOL.
    And you can most certainly sing some REM at your audition. And love, so love that you have Our Lady of Peace on your list. Canadian ya know. The have new one in 2012 I must check out. I think I also had License to Ill on cassette - but I cannot possibly be that old.???
    Love the story. Surprising how that foot gets a little heavier on the pedal when the jams are good. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea Our Lady Peace had a new CD out!! That makes me so happy!!!

      Delete
  3. Rockin' out in the car. Life doesn't get any sweeter than that. I have even been known to give the wheel a wee nudge so the car dances too LOL great list and story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, now if I had let the car dance I bet I wouldn't have gotten off so easy. :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...