Background

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Shot Tales in San Diego!

No, I'm not actually in San Diego, unfortunately! This week's installment of shot tales brings be back in time to the birth of my nephew, Ben.

It was 2002 and I had just moved to South Carolina.  My sister and her husband were living in San Diego.  She had Ben-jammin in July and my parents flew out to see him them.  The following month my other sister and I met in Washington, D.C. and flew out together to see him them, too.

He was so tiny!

He's going to be TEN this year!!

While in San Diego we went to the Wild Animal Park. I got two shot glasses while I was there, one was for the Wild Animal Park and the other was for the San Diego Zoo, which I didn't actually visit, but I liked the colorful little animals on the glass!




My sister and her family no longer live in San Diego, but I do have a new friend out there.  I hope that one day I can make it back and actually visit the San Diego Zoo.

4 comments:

  1. Cool glasses, I like the zoo one better too!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both glasses, one is very noble-looking and the Zoo one, you're right,is just plain fun!

    I had to laugh about the them/him comments. In the books I did for my nieces for their high school graduation, that they'll get in less than 2 weeks now, there is a page for each of them with pictures of them as babies with everyone in the family. I tell them that a new baby means the parents don't matter anymore; they're just the baby providers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly right! My sister realized that very quickly.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...