Background

Friday, May 11, 2012

Prepping for a new semester... already?

My classes haven't even been over a week yet and I'm already prepping for the new semester.  What is wrong with me?

Banging head on desk avatar
Image courtesy of Avatarist.

Let me start by saying this was not my intention.  My intention was to chill for as long as possible before worrying about what classes I was going to take in the fall.  I am slightly (maybe more than slightly) obsessive so when I have something in my head it can consume me so putting things off can be good in the sense that I won't obsess about them.

Anyway, I was checking the online student information system to see if my grades were posted yet and one of the announcements was that fall registration opened back in mid-April! What???? So of course I needed to get cracking and I ended up spending hours picking courses and getting enrolled.  Was not expecting that.

See, there are these two classes I have to take that are prerequisites for several other classes I need for my degree, so it is essential I get in these classes as soon as possible otherwise I'll never be able to take those other classes and I'll be attending college forever! Not what I want and they are always booked up immediately.  Fortunately I made it into one, but I am first on the waiting list for the other.  I am hoping that will change, that someone will drop the class or that they will open up another class so now I keep checking back because of this stinkin' wait list.

Right now I'm enrolled in five classes.  I know right.  I intend on dropping at least one depending on how this wait list goes.  If I'm still on the wait list and no other classes open up, then obviously I won't be taking that class.  But if I do get into that class, then I'll drop one of the other classes.

I'm a little nervous about taking four classes, taking three and working full time was hard! But I have 13 classes left and I can do that in three semesters (yes, I'll have to take 5 one semester) and be finished with my degree in December 2013 if I bump it up a notch.  So I'm going to try.  If after I look at the syllabi I find these classes have way too much work, then I can drop one, not a big deal, I just want to go at it with all I've got.  I'd hate to not get in that fourth class and then find that I could have done it.  Nothing like kicking yourself after the fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...