Background

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pondering With a Purpose: Comfortable

Hi.  I think it's safe to say good morning.  Aside from the fact that I still feel asleep and just lost my shoe under my desk.  Found it.

Morning anecdote (side anecdote: I used to get anecdote and antidote confused when I was little, good thing no one ever got poisoned around me!): Every morning, after my shower, I go outside with my Daisy for her "second potty" before I get dressed and leave for work.  This "second potty" is to guarantee there are no accidents during the day.  I get out of the shower, put my hair in a towel, wrap myself in a bath sheet, and then on top of that I put on my wonderful terry cloth robe my sister gave me years ago, go out to the living room and say "Come on Boo Boo, second potty!"  She jumps up and we go outside together.  She knows what "second potty" means: wring out that bladder dog! And yes, I go outside in all that post-shower terry cloth glory.  We have a privacy fence and the only way someone can see me is if my next door neighbor happens to be on his/her back porch.  I don't really care though because I'm comfy and half asleep still.  Anyway, this morning when I went outside it hit me.  It was HOT.  It was 76 degrees which I know isn't hot hot, but at 8:00 in the morning when you're wrapped in terry, it's HOT.  And the sun was beaming down which made it even hotter! I wanted to share that story because this was the first morning all year that the heat hit me like that, which is just a little friendly reminder that summer is right around the corner! As if the other hot temps throughout the day and the daily thunderstorms weren't already a sign...

Think on Thursday

So now let's ponder! Linking up with Brenda again this week for Pondering with a Purpose.  This week's question is: what are you most comfortable in? Click the button above to hop on over to Brenda's blog and join us! The more the merrier.

What am I most comfortable in? To be honest, when I first saw the title of Brenda's post "Pondering with a Purpose - Most Comfortable" I thought it was going to be one of those deep thoughts kind of questions and I immediately thought, oh no I don't know if I'm capable of deep thoughts in my half asleep state this morning.  I might have to wait until this afternoon to ponder.  I was relieved when I read the post and realized it was about clothes! Phew!

I'm with Brenda on the pajama pants and fuzzy slippers! One of Brad's over-sized t-shirts is the icing on the cake.  And of course after a shower, my very worn terry cloth robe (link to story above, score!) is amazing.  In terms of shoes I'm all about the flip flops.  I also have this very old pair of slip-ons that have a fuzzy inside.  Of course years of wear have made them not so fuzzy anymore, and they are also ugly as sin, but that fuzziness was a fine selling point regardless.

I think the most uncomfortable thing I ever wore was all that junk you have to wear under your wedding dress to make things smooth and poofy.  I took that skirt thing off as soon as I got to the reception, needed to make room for the food after all! I get a shiver just thinking about that torture device.  No, it wasn't a corset, just a poofy skirt thing taking up more space around my gut than was necessary. 

Next to that, I'd say other uncomfortable things include an assortment of shoes before they're broken in.  If shoes remain uncomfortable after I've given them sufficient time to be broken in then I don't wear them anymore.  Aside from my staple flip flops (which I just misspelled as "slip slops", fail), pretty much any new shoe I put on rubs and irritates an area on my foot so I have patience the first week or so and then my tolerance is shot. 

So yeah, give me some pjs and I'm set! Don't forget to visit Brenda and join up this week!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your anecdote! And the sun was out around here yesterday... today and tomorrow it is hiding under the 'marine layer' - - -
    My flip flops are so old that they are only sole.... but I can't find another pair I like as much... you know what I mean...
    AND I guess I'll have to come up with a more substantial subject for next week... after all we're all have shorter weeks so our brains will be working more adequately.... right?

    Thanks for Pondering with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking next week will be a better week to have some deeper thoughts. Today I can pretty much comprehend short and simple words... cat, dog, go, car, pen... :)

      Delete
  2. well, you can easily tell there are no deep thoughts in my pondering post. it's all about being comfortable.
    although, some protective gear should have been required - you'll see.
    I can't imagine it ever being that hot so early in the morning here. like ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I couldn't have handled a deep thought Thursday! I need to catch up on my reading!!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...