Background

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pondering With a Purpose: Comfort Food

What an awesome topic Brenda!.  Food is probably my all time favorite thing to talk about, and you could probably see that if you looked at my labels/tags on the right side of the page, "food" is one of the biggest ones there.  That's actually quite sad...


I would have to say that my all time favorite, most comforting comfort food, has got to be Thanksgiving food.  You know, turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes, broccoli casserole... Wow, is it November yet?

Also, when I'm feeling sorry for myself I sometimes really enjoy a king size chocolate bar... not a plain old bar, but a Cadbury dairy milk, or Symphony almond with toffee chips, or Ghirardelli with caramel...  Those melt in your mouth delicious chocolates.  Oooh or Lindt truffles.  Ok, enough, I can feel my arteries clogging.

Fried chicken is one of those traditional southern comfort foods but I'm not feeling it.  Don't get me wrong, I like my chicken fried, but you kind of have to work to eat chicken on a bone a little bit more than you do Thanksgiving food and I'm all about lazy comfort food.

Now head on over to Brenda's and link you your Pondering With a Purpose post!

6 comments:

  1. You know when you say "Comfort Food" the first thing that truly comes to my mind, mashed potatoes and tomato soup. Oh, and you had my mouth watering while reading your post, oh my gosh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad I was eating lunch when I did the post otherwise I would have been starving!! Mashed potatoes rock!

      Delete
  2. Oooooh....I am totally craving sweet potatoes now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! We made delicious sweet potatoes the other night, mixed them with maple syrup and cinnamon. Sounds weird but so yummy.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE symphony bars with toffee!
    and Thanksgiving has to be one of the greatest eating days of the year.... I've been known to make that dinner in the middle of the year for my kids!

    Thanks for Pondering with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to make that dinner often too! If I can't swing the turkey then I do it with chicken, not the same but I can still use gravy!!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...