Background

Monday, May 14, 2012

Meet Me On Monday

Happy Monday!! Heading over to Java's for some Monday fun.

Meet Me On Monday

Questions:

1. For Mother's Day I _______

We did breakfast with my husband's family, the herd of us go to this fancy buffet.  Every year I end up sick to my stomach and I say I'm not going anymore.  Well this year I mean it! Then my mom and dad came over for dinner that evening.  In between we couched it while watching Grey's Anatomy.

2. What is your favorite dish that your Mom makes?

Hmm, that's hard..  Mainly because my mom and dad were/are always interchangeable in the kitchen so there are some things that I've seen both of them cook but I'm not sure who the dish actually "belongs" to.  My mom makes these really awesome seasoned potatoes, but that's certainly not my favorite dish of hers.. maybe corned beef and cabbage? I love that!! It's not really exclusive, but she makes it pretty great.

3. Who are you a "Mom" too?

First off I'd like to say that I appreciate this question.  I don't have children and I'm pretty sick of hops that ask questions that specifically refer to life as a parent of a human child.  I feel like an imbecile writing "I don't have kids" as a response.  Be considerate and ask an unrestricted question, such as this one, that can be answered many ways. 

With that being said, I am a mom to four fur-babies.  My almost 6 year old rat terrier pup Daisy; my 14 year old cat Loco; my almost 9 year old cat Phantom; and my cat of unknown age, Buster.  I say my but they're "our" babies.

4. What did you have for Mother's Day dinner?

For dinner my husband cooked fried shrimp and hush puppies.  I made a pasta salad and regular salad, or should I say, "I prepared" the salads since there was no "making" involved.

5. What is your fondest memory of your Mom?

It's hard to pick just one, all my memories with my mom are fond ones.  I'm really enjoying recent days/weeks/months since we've been playing Words/Scrambled/Hanging With Friends and Draw Something.  Fun, fun.

4 comments:

  1. What a yummy dinner, I love hush puppies. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly the hush puppy mix he used wasn't that great. We'll have to find another one for next time!

      Delete
  2. Oh, those buffets are killers! It would be hard to pick memory too, I am close with my mom and just treasure her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually not a fan of buffets because everyone has their hands in the stuff, but a breakfast buffet is pretty irresistible.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...