Background

Saturday, May 26, 2012

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged by Janice at Janice's Footsteps! And, oops, I forgot ALL about an old tag from Leslie at Time Out For Mom! It was during my little sabbatical while I was finishing up my classes and when I saw the tag from Janice I thought, hey! I had another one of those.  So I'm going to wing them both right here, right now!

Rules:

# 1 - You must post these rules.
# 2 - You must post 11 things about yourself.
# 3 - You must answer the questions from the tagger AND post 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
# 4 - You must choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.  Let them know they've been tagged! Don't tag back the blog that tagged you.

11 Things About Me:

1. I can be a real b***h. 
2. I used to love to write stories.
3. I would jump in front of a car for my pets.
4. I would jump in front of a car for my family/friends.
5. I would jump in front of a car for a random animal.
6. I'm not sure I'd jump in front of a car for a random person.
7. I'm tired of my backyard being used as a trash can for the neighborhood kids.
8. I'm extremely far behind on my card making.
9. I'm sad the Rangers lost last night but I am at peace with the fact that I won't have to suffer anxiety during another playoff game.  Does that make me a bad fan?
10. I'm a little apprehensive about an approaching work trip to Texas.  I don't know why.
11. I'm extremely excited about a work trip to St. Louis.

11 More Things About Me (since I was tagged twice!):

1. When I finally finish school, I want to work with children.
2. I don't think I'll find my dream job at my current place of employment.
3. I don't want to be a teacher.
4. When I was little I used to LOVE to play teacher.
5. My neighbor's car lights are on and I told my husband to call him and he didn't.
6. If my lights were on, I hope someone would tell me.
7. I need to clean my car.
8. I don't want to clean my car because I'm lazy.
9. I had a great time today at my parents' house for a Memorial Day cookout.
10. I was the youngest person there by like 30-40 years, except for Brad, he's only a year older than me.
11. I want to go see Peanut at the hospital tomorrow.

Janice's Questions:

1. How many times did you change your first born's name?

I don't have a child yet, but we have a name picked out for a boy that has remained the same since before we were even married, but the girl's name has been all over the place, I can't even count.  We've circulated the same five or so names, but every time we talk about it we choose a different one as number one that time.  Who knows what name we'll have in mind when the time actually comes!

2. How many radio stations do you listen to in the car?

When I'm in my car I listen to regular radio and I tend to flip between pop, two mixed stations, and one country station.  So four.  When I'm in Brad's car I listen to satellite radio and I tend to listen to the 80s station, the 90s station, the 2000s station, and the two hit stations.  His radio has an alert thing that tells you when a song or artist you like is playing on another station so when that happens I may flip to another, but typically it's the first four I mentioned.

3. What is your all time favorite band?

That's tough.  I might say Billy Joel because I know all of his songs, but I'm know sure knowing all of his songs constitutes a favorite, I've just maybe been listening to him the longest.  I really love Goo Goo Dolls and Linkin Park, I also really like George Strait.  Too hard!!

4. First pet you ever got? It's name?

Well my family had cats, Puma and Penelope.  At least those are the first I remember.  The first pets for me personally were hamsters and fish.  Maybe fish first? I can't remember, but Hammy was the hamster.  Original right? Loco was my first cat who was all mine, and I still have her today!

5. If you had to give up one favorite food, what would you give up and why?

Ice cream.  Occasionally it doesn't agree with me, the dairy thing, so I'd have to say if I had to give up anything that I love, that would be it.  Sad.

6. Boat or airplane to cross the continent?

Airplane. 

7. Brady Bunch or Partridge Family?

Brady Bunch all the way!!

8. Insect you hate the most? Why?

I know spiders aren't insects but I can't NOT say spiders! Ok, insects I hate are mosquitoes - obvious reasons, flies - they have NO boundaries, beetles - they're stupid and fly into things, and fire ants - they bite and it stings!!!

9. Favorite late night talk show host?

I don't watch late night TV.  I used to watch Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien, but that was like 10 years ago.  Can't say I have a favorite now.

10. Frozen yogurt or ice cream? What flavor?

Ice cream.  Vanilla OR Walgreen's brand Rocky Road.  Real marshmallow rocky road is awesome!!

11. Do you have a passport? If so, how many stamps?

Don't have one! Need to get one!

Leslie's Questions:

1. Oreo cookies: are you a milk dipper or pull them apart and lick the cream inside?

Pull them apart! I'm not a fan of chocolate cake or cookies, so I tend to lick the cream and chuck the rest.  Wasteful, I know!

2. Beach or pool?

Can't I say both? Here in SC it's easier for me to access a pool, but in NY I was all about the beach! It will always hold a special place in my heart.

3. What is your freak talent?

Name that tune? Does that count? I actually did 50 Billy Joel songs in a row the other night with Brad, within like 30 seconds at the most but usually after about 5-10 seconds.  He was amazed and it isn't easy to amaze Brad with simple things like that!

4. What's in your bag?

Which one? My purse? I have my wallet/wristlet, business card holder, pain killers, pen, keys for work/home, lip gloss, cell phone, hair thing, ummmmmm, that might be it?

5. You are a closet ___ fan?

Hm, I'm pretty open about everything I "follow" so I'm not really sure what to say here.  I'm not shy about any particular TV shows I watch or sports teams... I'll have to think about this...

6. Who is the celebrity you would most like to meet and why?

Brad Pitt.  I'd like to ask him why the hell he'd leave Jennifer Aniston.  Ok, not really, but sort of.  I know things go on in all relationships and it works both ways, blah blah blah.  Not my business.  Um, I think I'd like to meet Tom Hanks or Morgan Freeman or one of those older, seemingly wise actors who it would be really neat to just have a conversation with.  Or you could just throw in my elevator men and I won't get into why! (Insert evil laugh here.)  Gotta keep this PG, or at least PG-13!

7. Can you put your mascara on with your mouth closed?

Don't wear any! I have in the past and my eyes are so sensitive (I have special eyes - 1-800-Contacts commercial anyone?) that they will turn bright red and make me look high as a kite, so I skip the mascara.  It's been so long that I couldn't even tell you how I used to do it! I'm fortunate to have long lashes so it's not like something is missing at all.

8. Last thing you bought.

Toner, cotton balls, make up sponges.

9. The best part of waking up is ___?

Yeah? You tell me!

10. You have one phone call - who you gonna call?

Ghostbusters! Probably Brad, unless we're talking about being in prison and he's there with me, then my mom!

11. What is your favorite thing about the opposite sex?

Visually, I like the eyes! If we're thinking deep thoughts here, I like how men aren't catty.  No, not all women are catty, but sometimes when I'm talking with a female I get the sense that it's a competition.  Men are on a different level, we don't compete about the same things, so it's nice to have that disconnect.

Tagging 11 People:

Kim @ Mommie Again
Teresa @ Memes and Fiction
Heather @ Acting Balanced
Marti @ Marti's Musings
Donna @ My Life, One Story at a Time
Briana @ Sweet Carolina Grace
Shannon @ Moments of Introspection
Nani @ Chronicles of Nani
Kassandra @ Coffee and Their Kisses
Tere @ Yep, This is My Life, Wanna Trade?
Angie @ Angels are Kids and Furkids

Wow! It was really tough trying to find people I love to read who hadn't recently been tagged! I'm sorry if you were recently tagged! Please feel free to be "it" or just ignore me! lol.  And if anyone else wants to play, please do!

My 11 Questions to You 11 People:

1. Are you a Walmart shopper?
2. Do you speak any languages other than English?
3. What was your favorite job?
4. Favorite pastime?
5. Black and white or color?
6. Small businesses or big box?
7. Do you recycle?
8. Home phone/cell phone/no phone?
9. Were you ever an AOL user?
10. Favorite website? Besides your blog of course!
11. Favorite beverage?

Have fun!!

6 comments:

  1. ya YOU did it twice too!!! bravo girl.. I have now got the impression of you that you are a daredevil!!! Who else throws themselves in front of cars??? The late night Tv host I threw in because well it was late night & I was up I don't watch late night TV either lol I cracked up on the special eyes thing lol
    I want to answer your questions you did some good ones so here....
    1. yes pet food is cheap there & still the good stuff
    2. yes I speak rubbish but had to stop because even I was annoyed with the rubbish coming from my mouth lol.
    3. Public Health job working in a clinic I am a people person.
    4. BLOGGING I AM LOVIN MY BLOG FAMILY
    5. ya tough we just did my grandbaby pics and I can't choose so I am ordering 1 of each heehee
    6. Small.... I just closed my small business I couldn't keep up.
    7. Yes most assuredly
    8. we are in a rural area so we have to have home phone I only use my cell for emergencies but now that I don't have the business anymore & have unlimited texting I am getting into my cell.
    9. yes we did use it once but when we got a bill for thousands of dollars because everytime we dialed out it was long distance I got rid of it.
    10. EBATES AND THEN ALL MY BLOG FOLLERS
    11. ARIZONA GREEN TEA OR ANY ICE TEA
    GREAT QUESTIONS SUPER FUN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the "throwing myself in front of cars" bit was purely metaphorical!
      Thanks for answering the questions! Fun!!

      Delete
  2. Haha, you can be a b***h! So, can I? Who me? Yup haha! I haven't heard the Goo-Goo Dolls in forever! This is fun! Iim going to do it, when I finish my 31 Days. Geez, I am so behind on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!!
      Ha, I feel like I'm behind in everything.

      Delete
  3. I finally got my blog posted lol. Here’s the link, http://www.coffeeandtheirkisses.com/2012/07/ive-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...