Background

Friday, May 11, 2012

Follow Friday

I'm so happy to be participating in some Friday fun again.  It's been too long! So here's the deal... each week Hilary @ Feeling Beachie posts four fill-in statements on her blog, take them to your blog, fill them in and link up.  Real easy, occasionally thought provoking, a good time! Join us!

Photobucket

Statements:
1. In the summer ___.
2. I always ___ when I ___.
3. Reading ___ makes me ___.
4. I like to live ___ because ___.

My answers:

1. In the summer I tend to stay in the AC.  It is just too hot here.  I'm not close enough to the beach and I don't have a pool so unless I want to fry, inside it is!

2. I always laugh when I do something stupid.  I figure if I laugh first, I set a precedent for the situation.

3. Reading a good book makes me eager for another good book.  Ok, not very imaginative, but doesn't a really good book make you want to keep reading, but a bad book kind of puts you off? Ok, maybe it's just me!

4. I like to live in New York because of the Chinese food, pizza, bagels, and Slurpees.  I was seriously just having this conversation with a co-worker from Jersey.  She doesn't feel it yet because she hasn't been here long enough, but after our conversation she's afraid she will.  Haha.

14 comments:

  1. Love your new blog design. So pretty and flowery. I feel the same about reading books... when I'm really into a one and I like it I want to keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try to change it up every once in a while to reflect my mood, ha!

      There are so many books I want to get into this summer!! Sometimes I wish I had a job that allowed me to work random hours so I can chill in my backyard with a good book all day long once in a while.

      Delete
  2. I love #2 --- I am always laughing at myself.. seriously.. what's the alternative?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear the pizza in NY is to die for that is one of my 1st on the lists to get while there :}
    I get a good book and I will stupidly read through the whole night to finish it & then be so tired the next day *.* I get crazy involved in my books lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same thing with the books. I will read an entire book in a day and then I'm like, well now what? Ha! I need to update my library card because if I read at that rate I'll be broke!

      Delete
  4. I always laugh first too... I'm a nutter.

    I think I must have ate 12 of those pretzels when I visited NYC once in high school. so good. Would love to visit again - one of the best trips I ever took.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New York is so fun. I miss it so much!

      Delete
  5. Okay,m first off, you have pralines and low country boil. I'm jealous! :)

    It's not just you with the books. I finish a good one and I'm hungry for another. Great think about my Kindle is I can finish, hit home and start another immediately! Buy a bad book? Puts me in the mood for a movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lowcountry boil is pretty good, I love the soups and stews they come up with around here. Oh and shrimp and grits, rock on!

      I usually start out reading with the TV on and I know I'm into the book if I pay more attention to it than the TV. That's when I turn the TV off. I am weird!

      Delete
  6. missed you!!!!

    I laugh first at myself too... and you are right... there is just something about NY food... espcially the pizza and the bread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missed you all too!! Ohh... Rocky Point Italian bread.. I could die...

      Delete
  7. I'm with you on the good books! They always make me want to read the next great book on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I really need to get moving on my reading.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...