Background

Saturday, May 26, 2012

First Small Business Saturday Spotlight!

Hi there! I'm starting a new series on my blog this week called Small Business Saturday Spotlight.  I have some friends who have started their own small businesses and one way I thought I could support them is by sharing their good news here on my blog.  If you or someone you know has a small business and wants to be featured here, by Yours Truly, please shoot me an e-mail at justanotherdayjbe@gmail.com.


For this first spotlight I'm introducing my good friend T.  T runs an Etsy shop called Always With Me.

How long have you been in business?

A year this month! Very excited about that. :-)

How did you get started?

I actually saw a show on television featuring a woman who had a shop on Etsy.  I knew then that I wanted to have my own shop, but I didn't know what to make.  Well, months went by and I finally made a decision.  I wanted to make something unique and close to my heart.  That's when the idea for Angel Baby Memory Boxes was born.  I started out with just three little boxes for the first couple months.  I have since expanded and feature items that are inspired by the people and moments that have touched my life, the ones that will be Always With Me.  I have products for adoption, infertility, loss, nursery and new baby items, and home decor.  My shop has helped me honor the memory of my angel baby, as well as, helping me to cope during my long journey through infertility.

What has been your best moment so far?

I have had a lot of amazing moments.  I get the most amazing letters from women.  Some are my customers, others are ladies who just happened upon my shop.  They share their personal stories of loss and infertility and thank me for my work.  It always brings tears to my eyes. 

What is the best thing about what you do?

Knowing that I can help women in some small way that are going through a loss like I did.  It's an honor to be able to help these women remember their angels in a special way.  I made an angel baby box for myself and it's something I treasure, and it's humbling to think the women who purchase my boxes treasure them as well.  I remember I sent out a box to a customer.  About two weeks passed before I finally heard from her.  She confessed that they had received the package but had to work up the courage to open it.  Thankfully they loved it.  Reading about that was a reminder of how meaningful these boxes are.  They are not your typical product, they are something that can really tug on your heart strings. 

Where can we find you?

My shop is AlwaysWithMe.Etsy.com.  You can also check out my blog at AlwaysWithMeOnEtsy.blogspot.com

Anything you'd like to add?

I love my shop and the people who visit.  I am inspired by the strength and love shown by the women I meed in my shop and in my life.  My shop has been such an amazing outlet for me.

Thank you T!

Please feel free to hop on over to the Always With Me blog or shop and look around! I plan to run this small business spotlight weekly, or as often as life allows, always on a Saturday.  Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. This is very neat and what I nice thing you are doing for your friends. I too like to support small businesses especially women-owned businesses.

    If you get a chance please check out my Goodie Box Giveaways - this is perfect for small businesses.
    http://www.mommieagain.com/p/lets-swap-goodies.html

    THis is on my blog.

    Good luck!!

    Mommie...Again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I'm going to check out your link!!

      Delete
  2. Awe Jenn! You are the coolest and I truly appreciate you doing this for me! My blog feed kept saying your last post was 11 months ago I have been missing out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Happy to support you!! :) Glad we got that cleared up!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...