Background

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Coffee Chat: Memories

This week Leslie is challenging us to some deeper thoughts... deeper than the elevator conversation last week, though not as fun, haha.  This week is about memories, what memories do you hold close to your heart? This time I remembered not to finish my coffee! Click the button below to hop on over to Time Out For Mom and join!

 

I've been reminiscing about my time in New York a lot lately so it only makes sense that the memory I hold closest to my heart right this moment is the beach.  I used to go to the beach for everything.  To be lazy, to be crazy, to be alone, to be with friends... bonfires, camping, fireworks, swimming, collecting shells, boating.  The Long Island Sound will always hold a special place in my heart.  Always.

Random vacations: New Hampshire, Myrtle Beach, Ocean City, Orlando...

Spending a week with my sister at her college, Villanova, during my spring break from school.  I remember thinking it was the coolest thing ever, and it really was fun.  Looking back, I seriously can't believe my parents allowed me (I was like 11 or 12 I think) to go stay at a college for a week! Granted my sister was responsible and there was no trouble to be gotten into, but seriously? Who lets their 12 year old spend a week at a college? 

My wedding! I could go on and on and on about that.

The weddings of others.  I love weddings because they are an opportunity to connect with people you haven't seen in a while.

Holding my nephew/nieces for the first time.  Still waiting on you Peanut!

Pets... Sasha, Puma, Alex, Metallicat, Penelope... gone but never forgotten!

Being a nanny to five pretty awesome kids.  I can't even list all the memories attached to that group.

The many hockey games I went to with some of the best friends ever.  I seriously need to dig up some of the crazy face painted pictures that I have from those trips.  It was so much fun.

Well, I came up with more things on the spot than I thought I would.  Woohoo, good for me! Now remember, click the button, visit Leslie, and join up! It's fun.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes...I demand face painting pics!! LOL

    It's surprising that I have many fond beach memories too -- given that I live in Canada. you wouldn't think so, but it's true. we have a provincial park that is on a big lake with miles of sandy beach and you can camp right on the beach!! nothing like hearing some crashing waves from inside your tent. definitely some great memories.
    thanks for joining the chat...and remember, you can always get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th cup ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camping on the beach is so fun!
      If I do more than one cup you'll need to peel me off the ceiling.
      I've got a post in my head for the face painting pictures! :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...