Background

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tuesday Coffee Chat - Easter

I feel like it has been forever since I've participated in this Coffee Chat and I miss it! Thankfully I am feeling organized enough with my school work that I am taking tonight to catch up on my blogging and blog reading.  It is overwhelming to see all the posts belonging to the dear bloggers I follow that I have missed.

But anyway... Tuesday Coffee Chat! You know I was ready to schedule this post for tomorrow before I realized that today is Tuesday! Yikes.  I was off yesterday so all day today I've been feeling the Mondays... I kind of love it when that happens because then my week is shorter.  Sweet!

Now I am really going to start the coffee chat.  This week we're talking about Easter, or as the theme of the posts go, I think it's about Easter! :-)

This weekend was actually pretty uneventful for us.  I work for the Catholic Church, so I was off work from Thursday at noon until today.  We get spoiled rotten for the big Catholic holidays, and I'm Catholic so I feel I can gloat freely about that.

Like I said, pretty uneventful.  We laid low and did some stuff around the house, nothing super festive.  On Easter we did the usual Easter day stuff with my parents.

No egg dying, no egg hunting, no baskets, no nothing! Last year, Brad and I actually hid eggs for each other, it was pretty fun.  This year, my head just wasn't in the game.  I always get mad because when I go into the attic (doesn't happen often because it's a huge ordeal) I see the egg dye kits I bought on clearance too many years ago and get mad I didn't use them.  Next time I'm in the attic (probably Christmas) I'll do the same thing.

Update: In my rush to get this done I didn't even acknowledge Leslie @ Time Our For Mom for hosting it! Usually I'm pretty good at linking and posting the buttons, at the very least, but apparently my little blogging sabbatical has made me forget my manners!

6 comments:

  1. Although, our kiddies are grown I try to maintain some traditions. For years, we have bought each of them chocolate crosses and I have carried this forward as they've gotten older. I keep to my traditions so I won't feel horrible. There's nothing worse than having those feelings of regret. I recall one Christmas I decided against making my chocolate covered cherries. That was a big mistake and I was miserable all Christmas season and for the entire New Year. That experience taught me to keep at the things I love even if it does take a lot of time and energy because I'm happier for doing it. It sounds like you had a lovely, long weekend all the same. Thanks for visiting! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The husband and I really need to start developing some traditions of our own, not that we shouldn't carry on with existing traditions with our respective families, but we need to start something that we do and when we have kids that we do with them. I tend to make cookies at Christmas, and I didn't this past year, and like you, I regretted that because it was my thing. I think we all need a "thing."

      Delete
  2. I haven't colored easter eggs in years... Now, after reading this, I want too... but, like you, I probably wouldn't have, even if I did have the stuff in the attic...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds so much more fun than it is, haha. I get these grand ideas on what to do with them and then by the time I get all the stuff out and prepped I'm exhausted and wonder why I thought I had the time I do it. Haha.

      Delete
  3. My 'kids' 23 and 20 still color the eggs and actually a few of their friends popped over and did it with them but I know what you mean Easter tends to be a little less stressed than other Holidays and I like it that way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, love the no pressure holidays! It's a big one too which makes it even more nice!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...