Background

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pondering With a Purpose - Listening

I haven't participated in Brenda's Pondering With a Purpose hop before, but I've always wanted to.  Since I'm supposed to be doing school work, what better thing to do then find something else to do?  :)

Think on Thursday

This week's prompt is: are you a listener? or are you a talker?

I'm a bit of both.  Mostly, I'm a listener.  Why? Because many times I feel like no one cares what I have to say, or that I just don't have anything interesting enough to say, so I don't.  I often just listen to other people go on and on about whatever is on their mind.  And it really doesn't bother me.  I'm an observer.  It's why I like psychology so much, you get to try to figure people out.  No, I don't "psychologize" everyone I come into contact with, but I do believe people are very interesting and I think we learn so much from the people around us.  Now anyone who has read my blog would probably say, "yeah right, that chick is a talker!" and given the opportunity, I sure can talk! But I don't do it a lot and I think that's why I have so much to say when I do.  And a blog is a nice place to talk without being interrupted.  There is nothing worse than trying to communicate something to someone and having them interrupt you to tell you why their story/situation is so much more interesting than yours.  

PS This is my 500th post! I guess I have something to say after all...

6 comments:

  1. I think you are so right about blogging is great because there are no interruptions. Having 3 wee ones always clamoring for my attention, I rarely get to complete a sentence in real life.

    I just reached 502 post myself. Shocking really.
    I had no idea...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is shocking how the time flies! Hops help! :)

      Delete
  2. I totally agree about blogging being great in that you never get interrupted. I was raised not to interrupt people so I try to never do it but it sure seems like everybody else does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does seem like everyone interrupts. It's one of the reasons I love e-mail and online forums, you can say everything at once!

      Delete
  3. this is so dead spot on! When you write a post (BTW congrats on 500) ... you can say what you want to say without someone interrupting and even if NO one reads it .... it doesn't matter.... you got to say it.
    I am so with you on the 'talking' part too... what's the point when no one is really 'hearing' you?

    Thanks for pondering this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the congrats! And yes, even if no one reads it (which I admit can be disappointing) I still got to say what was on my mind, without interruption!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...