Background

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dinner + Movie = Date Night

Brad and I are trying to make it a point to have a date night every once in a while.  

As you can tell by my constant (or not constant) potpourri posts, I have no time anymore.  It's gone.  I don't know where it went exactly because I'm really not doing anything different, it's just not here.  

Since I don't have time to blog, clearly I don't have much time for my husband either.  Which stinks.  Fortunately I married a very understanding man who knows that all this school and work CRAP I'm absorbed in is to keep us on the path of a happy and better life.  Not that our life is bad, but you know what I mean... it's all about improvement!

Anyway, back to date night! So we have decided to try and get out and see one movie in the theater each month.  That's easy to say right now because there are a few movies coming out that we want to see.  Monday night, we went out for sushi and then went over to the theater and watched American Reunion.  It was hilarious, we really enjoyed it.  

When the first American Pie movie came out, it featured the Class of 1999.  Well, that was mine and Brad's class year, so we could relate.  We kind of "grew older" with American Pie 2 and American Wedding, too.  So American Reunion was right on track (but a little late for their 10 year, which they do acknowledge in the movie, they're not pretending it is 10 years later).  So it was funny, we liked it, we'll probably buy it.  

Date night = success!

What's up next? Well we're torn! There is The Lucky One coming out at the end of this month, and The Avengers coming out in early May.  Do we break our 1 movie a month guideline? I would say watch one in May and the other in June, but the way movies are in and out of the theaters these days who knows what will happen?! Part of our rationale for one a month is because movie tickets suddenly got flippin' expensive! (Well maybe not suddenly, it has been a long time since I've been to the theater.) So we're trying to be budget conscious as well.

Oh and "Why The Avengers?" one might ask... Chris Evans.  Need I say more? He is my hunk-a-hunk-a-burning-love! And Brad knows it so it's all good.  :-)

So, what do you think? The random question I'm sending out into the universe tonight is: Should we stick to the one per month plan? Or... Go see a second movie, the budgets not going to bust, stop being a control freak!

2 comments:

  1. We want to see The Avengers, too! I say go for both, because there may be a month that there are no movies you want to see, and you could just do dinner and rent a movie that time. I know I mainly only go to the theater for kids' movies with my son - rarely to see something of my choice. The hubs and I typically only go see movies in the theater for us, that would be really great on the big screen - like Sherlock Holmes was and The Avengers should be. (The big-screen action is worth finding a sitter.) That's why I waited for Breaking Dawn to come out on DVD - love can be on the small screen, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true!!
      I ended up seeing The Lucky One with my sister-in-law while Brad saw Wrath of the Titans with her husband. We're planning an Avengers trip this coming week though!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...