Background

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Shot Tales

After thinking long and hard about how I can feature a different glass from my collection each week, I finally came up with "Shot Tales," since each of my shot glasses have little stories that come with them.

The first glass I'll feature is one of my favorites, and most simplest.  


I bought this one just before I left New York.  It's the ever-so-popular "I love New York" design we see on bumper stickers and t-shirts.  Every time I look at it I get nostalgic for my life in New York.  It makes me remember all the things I miss and certainly took advantage of as a New Yorker.

Truth is, this is actually a replacement glass for the glass I bought before I left New York.  An exact replica purchased when I was in New York in November of 2008 for my sister's wedding.  The original, may it rest in peace (or pieces), was broken in a boilermaker incident.  

For those that don't know what a boilermaker is, it's a glass of beer with a shot of liquor in it - you drop and chug.  People's opinion or taste on what the shot is varies, but mine was of tequila.  The beer was most likely a Corona.  Needless to say, glass against glass doesn't always end pretty.  Fortunately no one (me) was injured.

And also, needless to say, I never used a glass from my collection to do another shot! Of course, my shot days are few and far between, not a huge fan of them, which is one reason it's so interesting that I have such a collection.

6 comments:

  1. An unusual collection. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have a good day as well.

      Delete
  2. This is VERY cool! I do this with my coffee mugs on the Monday Mug Shot, a cool way to remember and share the stories with each item in your collection. I can't wait to read about more of your shot glasses!

    I use my coffee mugs and I know what you mean about the things that can happen. I bobbled dropped and chipped my Cincinnati Reds mug, the only one I had at the time. The mug is okay, save for the chip, but it's definitely not safe to drink out of!

    I never did boilermakers, but I used to chase shots with beer on quarter beer night, which makes me sound really old, lol. That is a classic design and New York is a classic place...but you know that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your Monday Mug Shots, it's where I got the idea! I gave you a shout out in the original post about my collection because I was determined to find a way to do with my shot glasses what you do with your mugs! Check out the post: http://justanotherdayjbe.blogspot.com/2012/03/my-favorite-collection.html

      Delete
  3. Cool idea, great way to show your collection! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I absolutely love it.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...