Background

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Finding my normal again...

What a whirlwind March has been! I think if I hadn't been so busy at work I would have been OK with the balancing act that is my life... however... no one ever asked me what would be easiest for me! Shame on them!


I've finally gotten back to budgeting my time so I'm finding my free time, my normal, again.  It's been nice.  Now I just have to get back my motivation.


I feel like there is so much to catch you up on but I don't know where to stop, honestly I don't even know where I left off.  Here is my March in a nutshell: cousin's baby shower, sister-in-law's baby shower (which I helped plan so multiply this one by a thousand), St. Patrick's Day, The Vow, cousin's wedding, Face Time with my niece, too much Draw Something and, Scrambled/Words/Hanging With Friends, midterms, fiscal year strategic plans, new software at work, scrubbed the siding on the house, My Spanish Lab (20 exercises assigned each week!!), grocery shopping, burnt crock pot meal (so yucky), falcon webcam, and I could go on but I won't.


Moving forward... this weekend is the annual Flowertown Festival and I'm pretty excited to go.  I'm determined to pick up some handmade crafts for the house.  Then tomorrow we are attending a family friend's picnic.  He does it every year around this time in memory of his wife who died of cancer, everyone who attends can make a contribution to the American Cancer Society.  I believe this is the 10th one and I've been to all of them.


Monday and Tuesday we are having a little meeting/conference at work so I get to be out of the office for 2 days! Woot woot! Of course I have to do a presentation and I could barf about that.  Hate public speaking.  Hate! But I need to suck it up and get over it.  Can't be scared forever.


I will be at work Wednesday.


We have a half day Thursday and then we're off Friday and Monday, so that's a super nice long weekend for me! Love working for the Catholic Church!  Holidays, holidays and more holidays! I think I'm making Thursday a full day off though, gotta love 5 (FIVE!!!) days off in a row.


Of course there is Easter, a holiday I enjoy because it's a calm holiday.  Yeah you cook and go to church, but there isn't the mad dash to get gifts wrapped or 400 pounds of food prepared.  


Oh! And some really really great news! All of my "all work and no play" has paid off! I have been invited to 2, I repeat 2, academic honor societies! Well, invited and accepted.  Alpha Sigma Lambda which is a national honor society for adult learners, it recognizes that we do more than just go to class, we have jobs, families, etc.  And Psi Chi which is the international honor society for psychology! I'm psiched! Hehe, get it? Ok, wasn't funny...


So that's all I've got right now.  Stay tuned for Shot Tales tomorrow (if I remember).

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I am exhausted reading this but congrats, it sounds like you are doing great, enjoy your days off and hopefully you get the 5 days!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I sure did get the 5 days off, well 4 hours of work from home tomorrow, but close enough!
      Ha, and I was pretty exhausting writing it, lol!

      Delete
  2. congratulations on your invitations! That should make you feel pretty accomplished... and just think... all your hard work has (is) paid (paying) off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda! It does feel so good to see some of the fruits of my labor since my degree still seems so far off in the distance. I have to keep reminding myself that I work full time so even if I still have like 2 years to go, it's still an amazing feat!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...