Background

Saturday, February 4, 2012

To go out to eat on Valentine's Day or not? That is the question!

Every once in a while Brad and I will go out for a nice dinner on Valentine's Day, somewhere you have to make reservations so we're guaranteed a timely seating.  The last couple of years we've opted to do take out, so we get the fine dining experience without all the crowds.  It's also nice to be home when the ohmygoshiatetoomuch coma sets in.

So I took a look at the Valentine's menu at our favorite local destination, Oscar's, and it looks good, more to offer than in the past.  But I can't quite decide if we should go for it, or just do take out again.

What are my "coupled up" readers planning on doing for Valentine's Day this year?

4 comments:

  1. Since our anniversary is in December, my husband and I agree that he is in charge of the anniversary dinner (because I'm doing so much Christmas prep - our anniv is 12/23) and I do Valentines Day. 2 years ago, we were on the way home from his Mom's memorial in Connecticut on Valentines Day and we celebrated a week later. I made Shrimp Scampi with linguini in Alfredo sauce, dressed "appropriately for a romantic holiday." Last year,I took him out to dinner the night before because he worked Valentines Day night. That was nice because that was when I was going through the nightmare part of my medical problems and there was no mess in the kitchen!

    This year I'm taking him out again, but I'll have a chocolate fondue waiting at home for dessert. It's some of the best of both going out and staying in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mouth is watering over the shrimp scampi and linguine with Alfredo sauce. Yum! Doing a half and half, dinner out, desert in, or vice versa, sounds like a good plan! I might do that!!

      Delete
  2. I'm not coupled... and I don't ever remember doing anything special for Valentine's day... maybe that's why I'm not coupled..... hee hee hee

    I left you a present on my site!
    http://brendayoungerman.blogspot.com/2012/02/i-am-very-behind-in-acknowledging-and.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooohhhh a present!! I am heading over right now!!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...