Background

Sunday, February 12, 2012

I cut all my hair off...

I've been wanting a hair cut real bad, you have no idea.  For months I've been threatening to chop it all off.  Threatening who? I don't know... myself maybe?

I haven't had a trim in a really, really long time.  I needed that at the very least but I was getting very tired of all the length in my hair.  You see, it is very, very stubborn hair.  It does what IT wants to do, now what I want it to do.  No matter what I do.  So I get easily frustrated and threaten to cut it.  Maybe it's my hair that I'm trying to threaten? Needless to say it doesn't work.

Anyway, I wanted to cut about 8 inches off to make it about shoulder length.  I decided to check out places you can donate it and realized that I needed 10 inches.  Well, that put me in quite the pickle.  

I could be selfish and say, "no, I don't want to go that short."  Or I could suck it up and go the extra two, or three, inches.  I mean seriously, to cut my hair at 8 inches would have just been wasteful knowing it could have gone to a good cause if I put my big girl panties on and went the extra couple of inches.  

So I did.  Eleven inches, specifically, to Locks of Love.

It's been so long since my hair has been this short, like over 10 years.  In fact, the other day when I was looking for a picture of "skinny me" I saw a picture of myself with hair this short and said "holy cow that was short!"  Little did I know I'd be revisiting that hair shortly.

Anyway, of course I have to post an after pic.  I wasn't smart enough to take a before pic, so I have one of Brad and I at Christmas.  You can't really tell just how long my hair is in that pic, but you can certainly see I had more than I do now.



I apologize for the quality of the "after" pic.  See, I started typing this post and said, "hold on - you can't type a post about a haircut without a picture, duh!"  So I used my horrible web cam to take it and it makes me look rough! Rougher than I actually look right now, ha.  So sorry about that!!

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! You look so much younger - and it is really cute!
    And BTW --- Great job donating to locks of love. T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda!! Isn't it amazing how much a hairstyle can transform you??

      Delete
  2. Lol! looks nice! I sometimes want to cut all of my hair off, I don't like it when it goes over my ears. I can't listen to music through my headphones without my hair getting in the way, I don't understand how can stand it, it really bugs me. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say how anyone can stand it, sorry.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Joseph!! I always push my hair behind my ears because I don't like it to cover my ears either! Except when I go to bed because I'm convinced that covering my ears with my hair at night keeps the bugs out... don't ask!

      Delete
  3. Awesome! The shorter hair is cute and you do look younger too!

    I went short a few years ago because I wanted to make a donation to Locks of Love. I grew my hair the last six months before specifically to make sure it was long enough. I donated 2 10" ponytails and one foot long. It was tapered in the back, but it grows thick, so they were pretty decent tails. Doesn't it just feel great after donating?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does feel good!! I can't believe how many people I've come across since doing it who have also done it.

      Delete
  4. You're rockin' the new look and for such a great cause too. Win win

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...