Background

Thursday, February 23, 2012

But I don't want to buy a new printer!

I have had my wonderful Dell laser printer for almost 10 years now.  It's great! Very durable and can handle some decent size print jobs.  I also have a small ink jet HP printer for color jobs (when I have the color ink) and scans/copies.

Out of the clear blue sky by Dell decided it didn't want to print anymore.  I have gone through the motions 100 times to reinstall it, etc.  Unfortunately I cannot find the disc, which to me is crazy because I keep all my discs in a drawer and have one for nearly everything I've ever owned.  I think part of me is convinced that it will turn up! I tried finding the drivers online and it just isn't happening.  So depressed.  

Tonight I planned to work on part of my group paper, and I need to print some of my web references so I can review them (if I try to read them all online I go cross-eyed and some of these are LONG).  I can't count on my ink jet to print all I need to print.  So.... I think I'm going to have to cave and get a new printer.  

Makes me so unhappy.

And for the record, I know printing an online resource is kind of backwards and wasteful, but I will be using these for about two months and I do recycle! So it's not a complete loss.  These pages will probably get more use than my $100+ text books!!

2 comments:

  1. It's truly NOT backwards to use online references more than the textbook! :) Still, the timing on the printer breakdown sucks!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...