Background

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Back to the gym... ouch!

You may have read of my wonderful visit at the gym with the devil personal trainer.  Needless to say I was sore.  I finally got the courage/strength to go back, and it was great!

I did 10 minutes on the stationary bike to warm up, the treadmills were all taken.  Then I did about 20-25 minutes of strength training.  I finished up with 15 minutes on the elliptical.  I was completely terrified of the elliptical because I tried it out once upon a time and I don't know if I was doing it wrong or what but I couldn't do more than a few minutes because my legs were going to fall off.  Fortunately, that was not the case this time.  I did well and I'm proud.

Of course, I can never get off that easy.  At our gym, there are strategically placed cleaning stations that have paper towels and spray cleaners so you can clean the machines when you are finished.  I got off the elliptical and went to get the cleaner to do the handles and BAM! I walk into one of the weight machines.  My knee to be exact.  Pow! Full force.  Have you seen one of those? One of those solid, million pound pieces of metal that don't budge when you charge them? Holy moly I thought I'd die.  But, since there was a decent amount of people around, I took a deep breath and pretended it didn't happen.

So I didn't leave the gym unscathed... yet again... but this time I have no one to blame by my EYE DOCTOR! I mean come on! How could I have missed that? It MUST be because my eye doctor gave me the wrong prescription or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...