Background

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday Coffee Chat: The power is out! AHHHH!!!!

Joining Time Out For Mom for another Tuesday Coffee Chat this week, and hey, look at that, I'm on time!


This week's topic: you're home alone, and the power goes out. What do you do?


Scream.

Cry.

Run screaming somewhere that has an outlet where I can plug in my computer, TV, and cell phone charger.  I do live close to Best Buy and I did buy the stuff from there, think they'd mind?


Kidding! Maybe...

If it was day time, I'd go outside.  There is so much work I need to do outside that I never do because I'd rather be inside, on my couch.  But wait... the power is out... which likely means there is some kind of weather issue... which means outdoors may be out of the question, regardless of whether it is day or night.

Well, then I guess if it was light enough outside, I'd open the blinds and sit as closely to a window as possible and read a book.  But a storm + a window may = shards of glass in me and my book.  Maybe that's a bad idea.  


So maybe I'll light a few candles and sit somewhere cozy and read by candlelight.  That would be real nice.  


Oh, did I ever mention the story of when my Loco singed her fur on a candle? No? Oh yes, she sure did! I had a candle lit on my dresser and you know cats... they just can't stay on the floor! So before I knew it she was on the dresser, walked by the candle, and her fur lit up for a split second.  It went out before I could even react but I freaked out, blew out the candle, and seriously haven't lit many candles since.


Ok, so maybe candles won't work either... how about this? I'll just curl up in the fetal position in the hallway, surrounded by pillows and blankets, and just wait until the lights come back on? It seems the safest route for my accident-prone, not-too-bright self!


On the plus side, because our electricity is underground, it doesn't go out much.  When it does, it's usually not due to weather related conditions, but rather to motorists who hit something major.


This is what was happening in front of me as I was trying to write this post... 



6 comments:

  1. Love how you went through all the various scenarios. Who knew in the end the cat would be the one affecting your blogging time! LOL
    But really, it is one of those things where you are caught so unaware and offguard....you really don't know what you'd do.
    thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I thought of something to do, I was like - you can't do that!!!

      Delete
  2. Poor Loco. I like how you would likely end up in the fetal position out in the hallway - ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm pretty lame! Haha. But seriously, I am so accident prone, if I spent 24 hours in the fetal position I'd have a good day! :)

      And I should have added to my post - Loco is fine! Haha, you couldn't even tell she was singed. That was probably when she was between the ages of 1 & 4 and now she'll be 14 in February!

      Delete
  3. I've blogged with a screen that looks just like that! Our Kaline jumped up next to a burning candle. I freaked before she got too close, but yeah, singed cat fur, not a good thing!

    Thanks for following The Chronicles of Nani. I'm returning the follow! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nani! Thanks for the follow back!! :)

      I keep my candles up real high now! Which doesn't always matter with the cats, since they like the highest views!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...