Background

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday Coffee Chat: Life's Little Oddities

Joining RoryBore @ Time Out For Mom again this week for the Tuesday Coffee Chat! Really wish I had a coffee right about now, but being that it is 10:30pm, that would not be a great idea!


So this week's chat is about life's little oddities, things that make you go "hmmmmm?"

I have a couple...

Why can't people drive? I know I don't need to elaborate on this one and I know there is no answer.  Moving on...

Why do said people pull over into the median rather than to the right side of the road? I swear this only happens in South Carolina.  I've never seen so many cops with people pulled over in the middle of the road, even on the interstate.  In fact, when I was a teenager I distinctly remember a state trooper making fun of my at-the-time boyfriend for pulling over into the middle of the road (he had just gotten his license).  Really people? How do you expect to merge back into the fast lane? 

Why do I have heartburn? I haven't eaten anything unusual and it's been present for 2 days now.

Why do people drive all the way to a gym, work out for 10 minutes, and then leave? We finally went to the gym tonight (bought a membership last week) and someone did that.  Why bother? What do you expect to gain from 10 minutes? Not like my 20 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the stationary bike make me an expert on fitness, but come on!

How does Tylenol or Advil find the exact spot that it hurts? (Hehe, I know the answer to this one, now I'm just being goofy!)

Why do zebras and tigers have stripes? Seriously.  Multicolored cats and dogs rarely have the same patterns as one another, even in the same breed, but zebras and tigers always have stripes.  Why don't they ever come out with spots or patches or something like that? Why are they always stripes? 


Where is my cell phone and why has the battery been dying so quickly? Even though I haven't been using it a lot?

12 comments:

  1. Heartburn for me = pregnant. I don't have heartburn :)

    But I do want to know how the pain killers know where the boo-boo is! I will ponder this all night long now....
    And I swear I did know the tiger/zebra thing once upon a time....but I can't remember. argh.
    this chat may require a follow up - LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the tiger zebra thing has to do with adaptation to their surroundings and some sort of defense, like their coloring blends in with the scenery or something. I still don't get how there are near perfect stripes every time!

      The pain killer thing? My mom told me once, and she could have just been saying it to shut me up, but she said that because the pain killers enter your blood stream, they go everywhere, so they're bound to make it to the ouchie part! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for visiting yesterday. This looks like a fun meme to participate in. I like all of your questions, which make you go hmmm. I'm with you on going to the gym thing. Why bother if you're only going to be there for 10 minutes? Why waste THAT kind of money or time into a 10-minute workout? I have never belonged to a gym. I exercise at home using a variety of DVDs or riding my stationery bike and since Decemeber my XBox - so cool! Am I an expert? Nope, but I've read that you need at least 30 minutes of cardio for the payoff to work. BTW, a new report says you can do your work outs in shorter blocks of time as long as it equals the 30 minutes total to achieve the same means. Now, that makes me go hmmm. I don't know about that.... =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the Kinect for Xbox and I got a fitness "game" called "Your Shape" and it's really, really neat! I used it once, about a year ago, and haven't turned it back on! I also have a collection of DVDs. I really like Jillian Michael's Shred, though I'd like to hit her once in a while, the Slim in 6 series, and the Windsor Pilates! Thanks for visiting!!

      Delete
  3. I love these! and how does tylenol or advil find just the right spot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I answered this in response to RoryBore's comment!

      "The pain killer thing? My mom told me once, and she could have just been saying it to shut me up, but she said that because the pain killers enter your blood stream, they go everywhere, so they're bound to make it to the ouchie part! :)"

      Delete
  4. We have an abundance of bad drivers in Indiana - and ridiculously bad roads too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's horrible! I think people should have to retake their driving test at some point!

      Delete
  5. Bad drivers are a curse here in Toronto but no pulling into the median. Why aren't people walking to the gym? or jogging there? A warm up, but I guess if it's a long way away....
    Why do they always have stripes? I know about the camauflage adaptation thing, but even white tigers have stripes? How come they're never all white or all black? this is going to bug me all night now, thanks alot LOL Can't help you with your cell phone, but why do I always lose mine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the consensus is that there are bad drivers everywhere!! I'm sorry if I led to any sleepless nights!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Hahaha I love your oddities lol
    Especially about the medicine :)
    Thanks for stopping by and commenting last week on my blog.
    Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kerry! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...