Background

Saturday, January 28, 2012

It hurts to move!!

I mentioned briefly in another post that Brad and I purchased a gym membership last week.  We're now members of Anytime Fitness which is just a few miles from our house, the closest fitness center to us.  I have gone three times now and he has gone four.  I like doing the cardio machines because they have a little shelf where you can place a book while you move.  So I've been doing the readings for my class while exercising which is nice.

Last night, we met with the personal trainer to do an orientation.  Ouch.  My legs hurt, my arms hurt, my back hurts, my butt hurts.  I don't want to move.  I stayed in bed almost all morning because I didn't want to use my muscles.  I know that means what I did last night worked, but ouch!

The personal trainer was nice enough.  He didn't push to the point where I wanted to box him, he let me go at my own pace and just showed me how to use the different machines and what to do to work what muscles, what I should steer clear of, etc.  It was actually pretty fun.  If only I didn't feel like I was on the verge of paralysis.  

I'm skipping the gym today but I'm going to try to go tomorrow.  I'm enjoying the gym and the urge I feel to eat healthy because of it.  Once I start seeing some results I'll be even happier!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds painful, I like to work out but, I don't like the sores I get afterward. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I only have to deal with it this one time!!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...