Background

Monday, January 23, 2012

First day of school: check!

I logged into all three of my classrooms today and printed the syllabi.  I posted my introductions too.  In one class, I even completed an ungraded assignment, can you believe it? 

The first day is always that great - I get off to a fantastic start and I'm so motivated after being a complete slacker for the past month. Then my interest deteriorates.

So far, so good though.  None of the professors said anything in their intros that terrified me enough to send me running for the hills, so that's good.  I get the impression I'm going to have a lot of work to do, but I feel like I'm going to be able to balance it all.

I'd like to plan to use three days each week to work on my classes.  I feel if I do one class per day, that's a good starting point.  I will, of course, have weeks where I must go over the three days, and that's fine, but I think for starters, giving each class one day's worth of attention is good.  

With the exception of this week (today), I think I'm going to try to keep it to Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  I'm going to do my best to write out a course calendar for each class to try to keep me structured.  I need stability in my schedule or I am crazy disorganized.


Hopefully, once I've got my schedule created, I'll be able to have a happy balance between work, school, my personal life, and my hobbies! Keep your fingers crossed!

4 comments:

  1. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! Good luck. I'm sure you'll do fine... especially after a bit of a break!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good! Wrote out all my assignments so I could have a list of what to do, and I'm slowly moving down the list!

      Delete
  2. Finding out the right schedule is always hard, I just recently had to re do my schedule again, it's been three years since I've been trying to find the right schedule and I still haven't been able to find the right one. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it is a challenge! Sometimes it does take several tries to get it right.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...