Background

Saturday, December 24, 2011

This Year's Christmas Cookies

I try to make some baked treats each year at Christmas.  One year I did a huge variety of cookies (planned far in advance), another year it was cheesecakes.  This year I started late and I chose my variety of cookies, but I got tired just looking at the list.  Then I remembered these cookies a coworker made for our cookie exchange that had only 2 ingredients! Sold!


I am a "from scratch" baker.  I like ingredients.  I like measuring out the flour, sugar, vanilla, etc.  This recipe required two things, a roll of chocolate chip cookie dough, and small peanut butter cups.  As opposed as I am to buying pre-made cookie dough, I couldn't resist the simplicity.




You take the roll of cookie dough and slice it into about 1/4 - 1/2 inch slices, then quarter those slices (I like to do this when it's real cold so it doesn't break apart).  Drop the quarters into a mini-muffin pan, bake in a 350 degree oven for 8 minutes.  Pull them out and immediately press the (unwrapped) peanut butter cups into them until the cookie underneath comes up around the sides of the cup.  After the chocolate on top gets a bit melty, smooth the top so the chocolate meets the cookie.  Voila! After they cooled a little bit, they were still toasty, so I popped them in the fridge for a big (still in the pans) so the chocolate would harden.  Holy yum!


And thank you Stephanie for the recipe!

2 comments:

  1. wow... they look delicious... Yum.. I have to try!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...