Background

Monday, December 19, 2011

Meet Me On Monday

It's been so long since I've participated in this hop, I'm excited to join up again! Click the button below to head to Java's blog!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Both.  I think some gifts call for wrapping paper (a nice geometric shape) and others call for gift bags (pretty much any kids toy).  I love to wrap so I prefer to do that, but when the going gets tough, the tough get gift bags.

2. Real or artificial tree?

Real.  I struggle with this because I'm trying to be economical and environmentally friendly, but I just can't get passed the smell of a real tree at Christmas.


3. When do you put your tree up?

Traditionally, the day after Thanksgiving.  This year was a little messed up, but we got it up as soon as possible.

4. When do you take your tree down?

Some time after Christmas.  No definite date.  I will keep it up passed New Years if we're not hosting a New Year's Eve party, if we are I take it down early (and all the other indoor decorations) so nothing gets messed up.

5. Do you like eggnog?

Nope.


6. Do you have a nativity scene?


I do not, but I want one.  I am shopping for the right one.


7. Favorite Christmas movie?


This is hard because there are many that I like.  Probably Mickey's Christmas Carole, it's the one I remember best.


8. Favorite Christmas cookie?


ALL cookies!! I make cookies all the time, so I don't have a particular cookie that I enjoy only at Christmastime.


9. Where will you eat Christmas dinner?


At my parents' house, and at Brad's parents' house.


10. Angel, bow, or star at the top of your tree?


Angel.  Before the angel we had a star.


11. Most annoying thing about this time of year.


The traffic and the crowded stores.  Basically, shopping.  It irks me that I can't go out to get a gallon of milk without running into tons of shoppers.  It doesn't help that I have do drive through a major shopping area to get to and from my house.  


12. Do you like fruitcake?


I have to admit I've never had it, but I don't like the idea of it.


13. What are you most excited about the holidays?


Giving and receiving gifts!! I love to give, so I enjoy finding the perfect present for the people we exchange with.  And who doesn't love to get a present? Don't lie.  I prefer giving over receiving, but still, presents are fun!


14. Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?


It depends.  Because my family is scattered between SC, NY, and CA we don't always get to spend Christmas Eve or Christmas day with the out-of-town peeps so sometimes we exchange with them before Christmas if we're in the same place at the same time.  We exchanged last weekend with my sister and her husband because they were here in SC then.  On Christmas day we'll exchange with our parents and other siblings.


15. Will you still be wrapping presents Christmas Eve?


Heck no! I'm way done with all that!

4 comments:

  1. My wrapping paper always gets torn up so, I prefer to use gift bags. Lol! I like to have ginger snap's during Christmas time. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going through MMOM withdrawl - so I've resurrected it on Acting Balanced until Java starts posting again - please feel free to stop by and check out this week's questions at http://www.actingbalanced.com/2012/02/meet-me-on-monday.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...