Background

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Just another candle...

Even though my cake didn't have candles, it was a Carvel ice cream cake and therefore it ROCKED! Yum! Plus, someone would have had to call the fire department if my parents lit enough candles to represent mine and my sister's birthday.


We went out to a nice dinner at Middleton Place yesterday, then had ice cream case back at my mom and dad's house.  It was a nice day.  


Today, my actual birthday, we had a nice lunch at my parents' house before my sisters and brother-in-law left town.  This evening, we had the wake for David and then went to have dinner at Twist.

Given the circumstances of the day and weekend, I had a pretty good day.  While I would have much rather been with friends and family celebrating all day rather than mourning, it was just nice to be with them.

So 30 is here.  Not a big deal at all.  I had a dream the other day, in between snoozes, where moments of my life flashed before my eyes, so to speak.  There were so many fun moments I hadn't even thought about, and they were like a flash, like a slideshow.  It was so fun to think back to those moments.  

I have to say I've led a pretty fulfilling life.  I haven't always been on the right path, but I've always arrived at some pretty fantastic places.  I can't wait to see what the next thirty years has in store for me!

7 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss and happy birthday, I hope you have a good 30 + years! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes remembering what life is all about is what it is all about! And believe me when I tell you this..... the second thirty is WAY better than the first thirty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brenda!! I am really looking forward to what is to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 30th birthday was probably one of the best ever. It was also my husband's and my 2nd official date: he basically met all my family and friends right from the get go! poor guy...and he still chose me.
    I'd say my 40th was also really great...but I am still in denial that it happened. ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy (belated) Birthday! I saw your spotlight on Brenda's blog and wanted to stop by and say HI!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rory - LOL. This birthday certainly was a breeze, but I have a feeling denial will be in place when 40 comes around! And I actually had the reverse happen to me, I met my husband's family all in one shot! His grandmother died right as we started dating and I met all the family, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc...

    Ruthi - Thank you so much for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...