Background

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hello December!

Wow, I can't believe it's already December.  I think that's the thought being echoed throughout the world right about now.

And of course, what's December without waking up to frost all over everything and a nice cold morning shower because you have a husband who felt the need to be super toasty for a very long time during his shower? That's the last time he takes one before me in the morning! Ok, maybe not the last, but you get it.

I love December.  It's probably one of my most favorite months.  Not only is it my birthday month, but Brad's birthday, Christmas, my parent's anniversary are all in this wonderful month too.


I try to get all my Christmas shopping done and house decorating done before December 1st, which is probably why I've been able to enjoy this month so much.  This year I managed to get the shopping part done, but I have yet to put up our Christmas decorations.  


You see, I usually do the decorations while I am off work during Thanksgiving.  Typically on the Friday after Thanksgiving, which is certainly why I was SO bored during my Thanksgiving break.  But since Brad and I had planned to travel to NY for my birthday, I opted to do the decorations when we returned from that trip so that the cats couldn't party in/on my stuff while we were gone.  But, we ended up cancelling our trip to NY, so I'm going to get on the ball this weekend with our decorations.  I can't wait to get our tree.


So Brad has a serious flying phobia.  He thought he'd be ok with the quick flight to NY, but he's just terrified now.  I'm not going to force him to go, and I'm not going to go without him, so we're just not going to go to NY.  It stinks because I was looking forward to the trip, but I feel good about my decision.  It's not a complete loss because my sisters will be here so we'll get to spend time with them, and I can't even remember the last time my sister Kerry and I spent our birthday together (same day, 8 years apart).

Oh, and what's even better about December? The end of my semester is next week!! Hooray.  This Spanish class has totally drained me and I'm not doing well at all.  I think I'll finish with a C if I'm lucky and that really upsets me because it's going to knock my GPA down.  I just can't get the hang of certain things.  I think I'm going to take the next semester off of Spanish, but practice real hard so I'll be ready for Spanish 4.  Learning a second language is such a challenge, especially when you're not forced to use it.  I think an immersion program would be ideal, but who has time for that?


I hope everyone has a very happy December!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you had to cancel your trip. I knew you were looking forward to going to NY. But, you did the right thing not going without him... Maybe you can look into taking the train :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hilary, I definitely was looking forward to it! We did look into the train first, but it costs about the same as flying and takes about as long as driving, so it seemed insane!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...